Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glide v3

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glide v3

Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    Results? All show and no go? LOL
    Havenít been fishing much lately. In the process of moving so Iíll be back on the water closer to Christmas. If I sneak out for a bit, itís a bank session.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glide v3

Results? All show and no go? LOL
    You canít fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use!
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

Post Thanks / Like

Glide v3

The quest continues. Not really satisfied with my bigger experimental glides so I decided to mess around on a smaller scale.

After deciding that I no longer want to work with wood until itís warm outside again, I opted for more resin.

What I did like about wood was that I could carve any shape I wanted to and make small adjustments as I went along. So I basically poured an entire 8Ē block of resin in the dimensions of the wood Iíve been working with.

Same process, draw out a shape with a sharpie and use the band saw to cut it and a belt sander to refine the shape. Hand sanded the taper on the rail and rounded out the head.

This one is again, kind of like just an ambiguous shape. Could be a squaw or little half pounder steel. Used another r2s mr.whiggly tail to go for more of the squaw profile.

Cutting the angled joint and recessing the eyelets was a total pain in the ass. But this one swims good so far.

Not decided on paint yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12