Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Maui in Late Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by [IMG2
    [/IMG2]Yaker;1140674]I have yet to hear a positive review of people who have done a Maui fishing charter. Common themes are over-priced, not many fish being caught, the captain keeping your catch and poor customer services. The money you save will get you a nice trip out of Long Beach or San Diego.
    Thanks, sounds like I need to re think the charter idea...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    Maui is a great place to visit but it's just not that fishy very hit and miss. I was there last September and got a charter for the day. It was a nice expensive boat ride for not one bite. I caught and released several jacks and other fish that I can't prononce on top water poppers. The shore and surf fishing was a lot of fun and not nearly as expensive and also you can do it when ever you want. I always had my fishing stuff where ever we went. Kapalua point was the most productive place for me there's rod holders that the locals mortared in the lava rocks and that's one spot the surf guides take their cliants.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastfishin86 View Post
    Hey all, heading to Maui in late feb. for the wife's birthday, just wondering if anyones got some recommendations for charter boats? I've done the basic internet research, just wondering if anyones got some personal experience. Thanks in advance.
    I have yet to hear a positive review of people who have done a Maui fishing charter. Common themes are over-priced, not many fish being caught, the captain keeping your catch and poor customer services. The money you save will get you a nice trip out of Long Beach or San Diego.

Post Thanks / Like

Maui is a great place to visit but it's just not that fishy very hit and miss. I was there last September and got a charter for the day. It was a nice expensive boat ride for not one bite. I caught and released several jacks and other fish that I can't prononce on top water poppers. The shore and surf fishing was a lot of fun and not nearly as expensive and also you can do it when ever you want. I always had my fishing stuff where ever we went. Kapalua point was the most productive place for me there's rod holders that the locals mortared in the lava rocks and that's one spot the surf guides take their cliants.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

5. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maui in Late Feb.

Hey all, heading to Maui in late feb. for the wife's birthday, just wondering if anyones got some recommendations for charter boats? I've done the basic internet research, just wondering if anyones got some personal experience. Thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12