Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pryamid 1/23

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pryamid 1/23

I wish I lived closer to that lake . Great action shots !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    Yep we had no clue on the depth, speed, or bait balls the 3 things I use it for most!! It was just 2 clueless dudes with some beer and good fishing!!!
    I have two handheld GPS units and use one of them in conjunction with the Lowrance as a backup. My eyes are not what they used to be and the boat is 20 ft long, so I can pick up the handheld and see what speed. Since my kicker motor is controlled by a Panther I can walk around a little with the controller in my hand with the speed set on the control arm of the kicker........Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

3. Likes chubbswheeler liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to put the smack down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

5. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report, You 2 did well

7. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Most of them are elaborate flashlights in the water, they show what your ran over and side to side, more expense more flashlight. I use mine mainly for speed, depth, and temp's anyway. On occasion I look at bait balls too.......Jetspray
    Yep we had no clue on the depth, speed, or bait balls the 3 things I use it for most!! It was just 2 clueless dudes with some beer and good fishing!!!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MKE; 01-24-2018 at 06:34 PM.

9. Likes Captain Compassion, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post

It's amazing what an angler can do without fishfinder. I remember fishing Tahoe one time with my buddy years ago. I just bought my first fishfinder. An Interphase 20/20. I was all into playing with it and watching the screen, pushing buttons etc When he said " See any fish on there" Nope, none. He says "look at your rod". It was pumping and my face was red and he was laughing. Good times....

Most of them are elaborate flashlights in the water, they show what your ran over and side to side, more expense more flashlight. I use mine mainly for speed, depth, and temp's anyway. On occasion I look at bait balls too.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

11. Likes hooks, MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's definitely a Tahoe habbit!!!! But with 4 line's out the back and no fish finder it was what worked without getting tangled. Downriggers were at 10' and 20'. We would troll close to shore and try to bounce the lower one off the bottom.

It's amazing what an angler can do without fishfinder. I remember fishing Tahoe one time with my buddy years ago. I just bought my first fishfinder. An Interphase 20/20. I was all into playing with it and watching the screen, pushing buttons etc When he said " See any fish on there" Nope, none. He says "look at your rod". It was pumping and my face was red and he was laughing. Good times....

Catch ya later ... hooks

13. Likes Jetspray, MKE, Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hooks View Post
    Great report!

300' to 400' set back are set backs I used on Tahoe (sometimes longer) with great success. I have never tried it at Pyramid though. I'm going to give it a try Friday hopefully. I started trolling top line at Pyramid with a 100' set back and now I'm at 170' set back. Seems the more line I let out the more hits I get?
    It's definitely a Tahoe habbit!!!! But with 4 line's out the back and no fish finder it was what worked without getting tangled. Downriggers were at 10' and 20'. We would troll close to shore and try to bounce the lower one off the bottom.

15. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend and I played hooky from work to hit Pryamid for the day (our 6th trip this year). Got to the ramp at 07:15 with 3 trucks parked with no one in front of us or behind us. While setting up at the ramp my buddy realized that he forgot his fish finder. We had no choice but to fish old school good thing we know the lake very well. We pretty much had the lake to ourselves. Just a couple of boats and very few shore anglers.
    My buddy counted 28 and I counted 27 to the boat with a lot of doubles. When we found them it was on. The biggest was just over 6 1/2 pounds a lot of 4 pounders with a few little 19 inchers in the mix. It was definitely a spoon bite, they got 80% of the fish. We trolled the spoons on top set back 300' and 400'. On the downriggers we ran 3.5 mag lips, u20 flat fish, GVF draggins, and few other things. It was hard to take photos because when we got into them it wasn't just one. But I did manage to get a few.

Great report!

300' to 400' set back are set backs I used on Tahoe (sometimes longer) with great success. I have never tried it at Pyramid though. I'm going to give it a try Friday hopefully. I started trolling top line at Pyramid with a 100' set back and now I'm at 170' set back. Seems the more line I let out the more hits I get?
    Catch ya later ... hooks

17. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Pryamid 1/23

Quote Originally Posted by Mack Tahoe View Post
    Sweet, nice report.

There is no lake like Pmid, glad you got in to them. Planning hit Pmid on Sunday.

Hope the weather cooperates, you might be closer than I am (95 miles from my doorstep to Pelican).......Jetspray

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast