Post Thanks / Like

Re: Baja trip, timming?

Quote Originally Posted by kromebrite View Post
    gordobanks.com

I really enjoyed fishing with these guys. Currently in the Marina Puerto Los Cabos. Used to be La Playita beach, and we would push the pangas off the beach. Now there are docks making launching far more easy.
    The site has some good resources such as migration patterns and fish reports. It will give you an great idea on what is happening on the East cape.
    I was just browsing on this site some great looking outfits out of Las Barriles and that region. Forgot which forum it was under.

LOL, funny you mention La Playita & beach launching pangas. I did take one fishing trip on one of my surf trips and we did that, launching through the surf & landing in the surf. That was really fun! The fishing trip was with a local we lined up through a local restaurant owner. I guide didn't speak english and neither myself of my buddy spoke spanish, interesting trip, like I said I was no fisherman back then.
    We were trolling live bait. When I finally got a bite I burned my thumband bird nested the reel. Our guide obviously disgusted grabbed my rod & fixed the bird nest. Good times!

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw it on the top of this page, lol. It's a moving target, just like the pelagic fish.
    Gratitude

Post Thanks / Like

gordobanks.com

I really enjoyed fishing with these guys. Currently in the Marina Puerto Los Cabos. Used to be La Playita beach, and we would push the pangas off the beach. Now there are docks making launching far more easy.
    The site has some good resources such as migration patterns and fish reports. It will give you an great idea on what is happening on the East cape.
    I was just browsing on this site some great looking outfits out of Las Barriles and that region. Forgot which forum it was under.
    Gratitude

Post Thanks / Like

Following this... Im planning for one this summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I'll do a little home work ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

If you havnt already, check out the bloody decks forum . Lottttta guys on there fishing baja regularly

Post Thanks / Like

Check out some of the outfits that fish the region. Most will have graphs showing which time of year is best for which fish. I have not been in over ten years(whats up with that?!!?) so I am a bit rusty, but some things never change. Hurricane season is late August through early October. Hotter than baked snakes in the summer, but my best dorado trips have been that time of year. I was down further, around Gordo Banks, and I spent a lot of time fishing the Pacific side over at CSL. You will also want to see when the various tournaments are happening as it makes booking and such more difficult.
    Another idea is to spend
    Spend some time looking at fishing reports from the last few years, and you will see a pattern in what is being caught when.
    Buen suerte!
    Gratitude

Post Thanks / Like

Manana? :)

Post Thanks / Like

Baja trip, timming?

Hi All
    I am starting to plan a fishing trip to Baja in 2019. Los Cabos area, most likely Las Barrils. ( I have been down there a number of times on surf trips but I was not a fisherman at the time. ) Will be most likely booking panga trips. Could i get suggestions for time of year?
    Please?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Lil' Bone; 02-16-2018 at 02:01 PM.