Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gun Show in Reno - 9, 10, 11 March 2017

My neighbors and I went to the gun show this morning. It's now in the Reno Convention Center and there is a lot more room. Lot's of vendors for a lot of different things however, guns were the most prevalent. I concentrated on the estate sales but if you're going to do that you should have something in mind that you're looking for and know what to look for. I took a while but I did find the Winchester pre-64 Model 94 30-30 that I was looking for. It's a 1963 and from what the seller said, it was a safe stored gun. I checked the rifling and it was like it had never been shot. There were a lot of model 94's at the show but not one of them was this nice. He wanted 850.00 but I haggled with him and ended up getting it for 700.00.

There was also a lot of AR stuff but not from any of the reputable vendors that I know of so I steered clear. I also picked up a beautiful hand tooled leather sling for my model 70 and a custom Dawson skinning knife. There was ammo there but not as much as I've seen at other shows and not a single box of 30-30 so we stopped at Sportsman's Warehouse on the way home and got 5 boxes of Federal (the only other brand was Remington Corelock and that stuff sucks). Time to get my order in at Natchezss.com.

All in all, I would rate the show as very professional and well organized. The last day is tomorrow 3/11/2017. I think it was well worth the time and cheap ticket price. Parking was easy and plentiful. You should also go over to the Atlantis Deli and try their Ruben Sandwich. It's huge and one of the best I've had in a long time. Don't bother taking a lot of cash with you, you can get all the cash you need at the Atlantis but use the Cashier station, not the ATM.

Last edited by LineStretcher; 03-11-2018 at 09:58 AM.

2. Likes CM530 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gun Show in Reno - 9, 10, 11 March 2017

In case you're interested the Gun Show is not at the GSR this year. It is at the Atlantis in the Reno Convention Center. I'm going with a couple of my neighbors on Saturday. I just noticed they'll have a fishing area too.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 03-06-2018 at 09:52 PM.