Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raymarine C 80 upgrade

After try with Raymarine and Nav to decided to ship unit back to Raymarine to check pins or S D card .Raymarine said sometimes the pins in card are different or defective . Will see .

Post Thanks / Like

Got the 2 gig card which was told the only thing that will work by Nav.Unit was sent to Raymarine and gone through ,no issues .Got to contact Nav again to see what's the issue .Nav said won't handle any larger card .Will have to get back to them .

Post Thanks / Like

You haven't been back, but I'll add this to my response. C series uses a Compact Flash card for charts. Everything now days are SD cards. A SD to CF adapter is available, but not all will work with the C series from Raymarine. You may have a incompatible SD to CF adapter,,,gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auman View Post
    Got a new 2 GB card for a 10 year old unit . Down loaded the maps from Nav. But still isn't giving the chart info .Are there any shops that can check to see if it's a simple thing I might be doing wrong .Raymarine said the machine was working fine with no issues .But when sent it to them I didn't have the new 2 gig card .Am in the Sac area ..
    You need the last update to run Navionics Gold on that machine if you haven't done that yet. Call Johnson Hicks in Santa Cruz for some help. I tried to do the same thing, ended up buy a CF card directly from Navionics. Sometimes I see the CF cards for the west coast for sale on BD outdoors,,,gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Raymarine C 80 upgrade

Got a new 2 GB card for a 10 year old unit . Down loaded the maps from Nav. But still isn't giving the chart info .Are there any shops that can check to see if it's a simple thing I might be doing wrong .Raymarine said the machine was working fine with no issues .But when sent it to them I didn't have the new 2 gig card .Am in the Sac area ..