Post Thanks / Like

Re: How important is it to keep the same rod halves together?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenAnnesRevenge View Post
    Not important at all ultra light rods typically don't have much of a spine to worry about. If you want to keep tops matched with bottoms, the fine point metallic sharpies work well and are less obtrusive than tape
    Only one point on that for me would be eyesight. I prefer the P-touch because you can make the lettering/numbers larger and wrap scotch tape around the P-touch tape to keep it on the butt of the rod or tail end. Easy to read and it stays when wet......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: How important is it to keep the same rod halves together?

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    It really depends on the quality of the rod. If they are the over seas blanks then it probably doesn't matter but if they are upper end models and hand wrapped then you want to try to keep them together. In reality though, like others have said it may not make any difference at all. Personally, I'd keep them together because it would drive me nuts if I didn't.
    Yep rod wraps for the rods with some information of each on P-touch/Brother print outs. I do this with my rod/reel sets just so I can figure what mainline I use along with the leader too. My memory is not all that good....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
    I have a couple Lamiglas Kokanee rods, they are the same model. The rods are two piece. How important is it to keep the same halves together? I have used colored tape on the rods to make sure the rods do not get mixed up. I was just wondering what others have done and to see how important it is.
    It really depends on the quality of the rod. If they are the over seas blanks then it probably doesn't matter but if they are upper end models and hand wrapped then you want to try to keep them together. In reality though, like others have said it may not make any difference at all. Personally, I'd keep them together because it would drive me nuts if I didn't.

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really depends on what you're matching up. If you start with a heavy blank and down to a much lower power it will affect your casting, especially with a baitcaster. Your line test should be matched up to a rod with the proper power so it needs to be consistent throughout.

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QueenAnnesRevenge View Post
    Not important at all ultra light rods typically don't have much of a spine to worry about. If you want to keep tops matched with bottoms, the fine point metallic sharpies work well and are less obtrusive than tape

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
    I have a couple Lamiglas Kokanee rods, they are the same model. The rods are two piece. How important is it to keep the same halves together? I have used colored tape on the rods to make sure the rods do not get mixed up. I was just wondering what others have done and to see how important it is.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

9. Likes Fishfinder, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How important is it to keep the same rod halves together?

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post