Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fish tacos

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fish tacos

Quote Originally Posted by Katch View Post
    Agreed, but how do you deal with the bones and clean/cook them at that size to get the taco meat? I guess this question pertains to panfish for the same reasons too.
    As with most fish you miss bones from time to time while doing fillets. I have a portable magnifying glass that I got from Harbor Freight tools and a couple of good tweezers and small needle nose pliers for pulling them out. You lay the fillet on a piece of cheapo paper towel and put the magnifying glass over the area you are wanting to remove the pin bones from. It works well for someone like me that has CSS (Can't See S**t). Steam or poach the fish, the skin will come right off…….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes Katch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    12" spotted bass. The most underutilized resource we have in our area. The fish equivalent of chicken breast in my opinion. Plentiful to even overpopulated, easy to catch and good fighters for their size.
    Agreed, but how do you deal with the bones and clean/cook them at that size to get the taco meat? I guess this question pertains to panfish for the same reasons too.

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stripers make bomb tacos and they are definitely overpopulated in many lakes, so every taco helps other species thrive.

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use what is left after we have a fish dinner, no matter what it is. I like just to have some rice added in and a sprinkle of Cajun type seasoning. I have so many dry rubs you would go crazy just looking in my pantry...…..Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

grouper

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have done Bass tacos for years... love them!

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most all bass, large mouth, small mouth, spotted and striper. Although we don’t have them in California Walleye would be good.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bass make great tacos so do big bluegills

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

12" spotted bass. The most underutilized resource we have in our area. The fish equivalent of chicken breast in my opinion. Plentiful to even overpopulated, easy to catch and good fighters for their size.

18. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

5# brown on the BBQ, fed 8 of us during bad rainstorm. Hell Hole about 1994. Man it was good tacos

20. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast