Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member SetTheHookMinistry's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sunday 2/10 Verona cats

FeatherRiverDan

they changed the 2008 2rod stamp. its all inland waters except places where you can only use artificial lures or barbless hooks. the old stamp specificly stated ONLY LAKES AND RES. this year it says 2008 2nd rod stamp.and it costs 12.10
    Mark 1:16-17

Post Thanks / Like

i didn't know it was legal to fish with 2 poles....i thought u could only fish with 2 poles inland at any lake or reservoir with the purchase of a 2 rod stamp.....please tell me if im wrong.....can i fish on the Sacramento river with 2 poles with a 2rod stamp??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by propfishn
    If I remember my fish regs correctly, the toxin report on catfish, strangely enough is lower than stripers and black bass. Way lower.
    It really depends on the water you are fishing and the size of the catfish. As a rule, anything over 5 pounds from the waters of the delta, especially the closer you get to waters where any gold mining activity took place, should be eaten only rarely.

With the multitude of dinks we have, catching enough for a meal or several meals without utilizing larger fish is never a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

No photos. I usually don't take pictures of my fish, though I have some good ones I'd love to share. I've tried posting pictures here but I just couldn't figure it out or it didn't work for me. I even followed the instructions somewhere on this site. It was a hassle. Someday I'll figure it out.

Post Thanks / Like

nice going. where's the photo's?

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember my fish regs correctly, the toxin report on catfish, strangely enough is lower than stripers and black bass. Way lower.

Post Thanks / Like

fisheone:

If ou have issues with the frying, and hey...who doesn't like fried catfish..mmmmmm :D... try using canola or safflower oil. They impart no flavor to the fish or your coating of choice. No trans fats, and always remember to make sure the oil is at the right temp or 10 to 15 degrees higher than what you want so the coating does not absorb too much of th oil.

Good job with all the recent cats. I need some for the freezer....haha

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, where I fish at is, right after you cross the bridge you will see a tree, like a big Y, right after you cross the bridge on the left. Park and walk down.

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal, I haven't fished that area before, is the bank fishing pretty easy to find spots, where is a good place to setup at.

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing from shore and I was using two poles. One pole I had big hooks and big bait (sardines) and the other pole I was using sardines and chicken liver on a surf leader (two hooks). Hooks I think were about a size 6, 4 or so. They were good once I fried them up, let me tell you. :) I think small are best anyway. The big ones can taste fishy and probably have all the toxins in them. They were easy to catch. If you got kids take them out there for some fun. Like every cast you get bit. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast