Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carp...San antonio lake..........?

Rather than buying corn and smashing it up just use creamed corn (I like Del Monte best). Mix some strawberry Koolaid with the creamed corn then add Wheaties until you have a nice stiff paste.

Fish this paste on a single size 4 or 6 baitholder hook, with a 12 inch leader attached to a swivel and above the swivel put a sliding sinker of at least .75 of an ounce.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carp...San antonio lake..........?

If you're going to be close to the vicinity, why not try it out. What's it gonna hurt? You never know what you might catch. It's always worth the fight when catching carps. Anyhow, I'm not sure about other sniffers here, but I like using a combination of wheat and corn mixed together. First I would buy a can of corn from the store, smash them up, mix some wheat with water, and then mix the wheat and smashed corn. Roll it up into a ball and dip it in some koolaid mix powder. This usually drives them crazy. Good luck out there and post your results.

Post Thanks / Like

Carp...San antonio lake..........?

since ive fished this lake Ive seen some big carp surface and I might go try and fish em this sat. but its most likely gonna rain and the water is already stained even without the rain? how should I fish em? what is a good bait for these guys?and is this a waste of time to fish em in the rain? is it to cold right now for them?please let me know.thx. :D