Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jenkinson Reservoir/Sly Park Lake

If you like creek fishing I can give you a spot pretty close to there. Maybe a 20 min drive behind the lake off Emergent Trail Road. Used to hold a ton of little fish that are fun on an ultra light setup. Let me know if you are interested in that and I will fill you in...........

Post Thanks / Like

but the back end is 5 mph, so there are places to get some peace if it gets busy.

I have yet to see enforcement .
    You can’t fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use!
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds a good place to visit for trouts. Have fun

Post Thanks / Like

There are some planter rainbows around, and small macks to be had bouncing the bottom trolling. A nice fish every now and then is possible. Weekends get crowded with pleasure boaters, but the back end is 5 mph, so there are places to get some peace if it gets busy. Also some small mouth to play with along rocky shore lines.

All in all, not the best fishing lake in the area, but enough to keep a guy entertained.. Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try. We used to fish off the bottom with crawlers and ball o fire. Caught some great fish but that was a long time ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I camped there last year so this isn’t exactly a recent report but did ok tossing powerbait over by the dam just past the entrance to the campground. I don’t remember to many skiers being on the lake but there were a few in the afternoons. I bet if you are off the water by 11’ish you should be fine.

Mostly little’ish planters but I hear there is a decent population of lake trout that you can jig for or troll for in the deeper parts

Post Thanks / Like

Jenkinson Reservoir/Sly Park Lake

Haven't been there for decades. Used to fish there in an inflatable when I was a lot younger and thinking of hauling the boat and giving it a shot since its close. Anyone done any trout fishing there this summer? Is it worth trolling in the AM? I understand there are a lot of skiers on the water in the afternoon. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12