Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jenkinson Reservoir/Sly Park Lake

Caught 3 more from the bank this afternoon. DFW was kind enough to stop by and stock the lake for us! They dropped some small planters and several large super catchable plants! It was a nice couple hours!

Post Thanks / Like

We camped over the Memorial Day weekend and I got in a fair amount of fishing. We stayed at Hazel Creek camp, so my experience is limited to bank fishing in that area. I caught two trout (rainbows I assume--I'm not a trout guy) and five smallmouth bass (most were about a foot, but one was about 15 inches). I caught the trout on a bright orange flatfish plug. The bass were all caught on worms (some bottom fishing, some bobber). The two spots I had success with were right next to the entry to the Hazel Creek area (close to where people put in their kayaks and canoes) and the creek that runs out of the waterfall (about halfway down). Dawn and dusk were the best times. I had absolutely no luck at all with Powerbait, a silver Kastmaster, or plastic grubs in a bunch of colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Pulled out two nice holdovers from shore in the matter of an hour or two today. Seems that pink or orange powerbait seems to be the key...lures, worms and jugs were all a no-go.

4. Likes RideNfish liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never boated but it is a fun lake to walk and set up for shore fishing and getting into some nice size rainbow trout.
    I used a little weight to get my red eggs out, that worked for me.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 10minhappyhour View Post
    Headed there with my grandson this week!
    Just curious how it went. I'll be going there for Memorial Day weekend and will mostly be fishing from the shore but might rent a kayak.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been fishing there for 50 years, they dont call it the dead pool for nothing.. There are some holes on the west side about 50 yards out from the day use. Macs like to hit small white "flatfish" type lures. I color them up with red fingernail polish. Very slow troll, just enough to creat action on the lure and every now and then a quick jig..
    Trout are planted a the first ramp. after they spread out i have had decent luck at the mouth of the 5mph zone along the cliff side (south). play with the depth there. They are there most the time. again slower troll with quick jigging. At times they hit worms there too.. Headed there with my grandson this week!
    CHEERS

8. Likes Stickman, Ldubs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have fished Jenkinson Lake at least once a year, usually in the summer. Most times I haven’t had much luck. But, once in awhile I have been very successful with trout or Mackinaw getting double digits of fish. I imagine it’s like anywhere else, if you know the lake, you can catch some fish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to update this thread. Was planning on heading up this way in a few days to check out the lake. Has anyone heard of anyone catching anything right now? Or any place to go check out and fish right now? I've never really done any real cold water fishing, but I'd like to learn and get better at it. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish-on View Post
    If you like creek fishing I can give you a spot pretty close to there. Maybe a 20 min drive behind the lake off Emergent Trail Road. Used to hold a ton of little fish that are fun on an ultra light setup. Let me know if you are interested in that and I will fill you in...........
    Yes, very interested. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast