Post Thanks / Like

Re: LAKE PARDEE SATURDAY THE 18th

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
    My son in law and I headed to Pardee to target Trout. We fished speedy shiners, our setback was 30 to 45 feet and and we varied our depths between 40 and 60 feet,we trolled at 2.1mph. The water was very warm, 78 degrees. Both of us limited. Very fun day. pardee2.jpgpardee3.jpg
    Nice day. It was pretty good but I had an early trolling motor problem that did me in. I was getting them about 2.7 to 2.9 mph mostly. I hit most of the fish in 50 feet of water but mostly where the bottom was on the shallower side. Wasn't hitting as many out in the middle.

Never could get a koke to hit. I'm lost when it comes to those fish.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tommylee View Post
    I fished there a week ago and was skunked, tried for kokanee with dodgers and hoochies and tried for trout with blue silver speedy shiners with no luck. if you don't mind what area did you fish? I have just retired in this area and am getting back into lake fishing and need some pointers so I can start catching some fish, it makes for a long boring day if you get skunked. I like pardee because they don't allow jet skis or ski boats. Any pointers are appreciated
    Try hammered nickel (called just Nickel). It worked good for me last Saturday there but my trolling motor broke so my fast trolling was over for the day. Stuck a couple of nice trout and lost a huge one but figured had I been able to troll a while longer I would have had a really good day.

I agree the red/copper is a good color too. I've done well with Thomas Bouyants in that same color trolled a little slower. Fire Tiger is good but I've done better in the spring with that color for some reason.

Kevin
    Last edited by Calikev; 08-27-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TROUTCHASER View Post
    If you don't me asking, what color of speedy shiners were you using? Thanks
    I cant speak for the OP but I have been using speedy shiners almost exclusively for trout trolling for about 3 years. I’ve used them in various lakes including Camanche, Pardee and Shasta. The colors that are most productive for me are red/copper, red/silver and fire tiger. I’ve tried several other colors and they are all effective but those 3 are my go to colors. I often go solo and troll 2 rods. I put a different color on each rod. I find every day is different. Usually they will prefer a certain color and I will get about 3 to 1 hits on one lure that they like on that day. Lately firetiger has been hot.
    Speedy shiners are a super effective lure and because you fish them fast you cover a lot of water and increase your chances of finding fish. If you fish speedy shiners at 2.5 mph and higher (I generally pull them about 2.8 to 3.1 mph) and you put them in proximity of trout you are going to catch fish. I also use scent but that’s another discussion.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

4. Likes Calikev, Fishfinder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I fished there a week ago and was skunked, tried for kokanee with dodgers and hoochies and tried for trout with blue silver speedy shiners with no luck. if you don't mind what area did you fish? I have just retired in this area and am getting back into lake fishing and need some pointers so I can start catching some fish, it makes for a long boring day if you get skunked. I like pardee because they don't allow jet skis or ski boats. Any pointers are appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't me asking, what color of speedy shiners were you using? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

LAKE PARDEE SATURDAY THE 18th

My son in law and I headed to Pardee to target Trout. We fished speedy shiners, our setback was 30 to 45 feet and and we varied our depths between 40 and 60 feet,we trolled at 2.1mph. The water was very warm, 78 degrees. Both of us limited. Very fun day. pardee2.jpgpardee3.jpg
    Last edited by Fishfinder; 08-21-2018 at 09:56 PM.

8. Likes Waterdog, nayr, dilbeck, Katch, Legalbeagle liked this post