Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any salmon caught in the american yet? ( Below Nimbus Basin )

Quote Originally Posted by alex_k31 View Post
    So you think sailor bar will be unfishable? Doesnt that area close oct 31 anyways?
    That's when F&G will be running water through the Ladder to get the salmon to up the egg taking station. Sailor Bar will be fine unless we have tropical storms in October (I wish). Folsom lake is at about 50% and DWR will keep slowly draining it until the winter/spring storms come in. The flow out of Lake Natoma has been around 1800 CFS which is okay for that area. Also you are correct about Oct.31st as the last day to fish that section.
    Last edited by Datster_2000; 09-23-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macfish View Post
    They will flood the hatchery ladder around the 1st Oct. You will have to fish below Ancil Hoffman park to discovery until Jan1st.
    When I see them I'll post it.
    So you think sailor bar will be unfishable? Doesnt that area close oct 31 anyways?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macfish View Post
    I walk the area below the hatchery, sailor bar and upper sunrise often. Still a bit early but if you are local get out there. I see a few here and there, some trout to. This is a nice time of year to walk the river trail or float, if that is something you are into.
    Thanks for the info, Im not local I live about 1:30hrs away and i hope to get out there soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex_k31 View Post
    I was there a few weeks ago, no fisherman whatsoever for salmon, so I am wondering if anyone has caught any yet... I want to make a trip but not sure when to go, also I have a question. Since nimbus basin is closed now, are you only allowed to fish till Oct 31 in the american? Can you fish the feather river outlet after oct 31? Thank you for any replies.

The American is good in Oct and Nov. Fisherman show up more in Oct. I suggest looking up the regs if you're new to the area and not a local. I also don't fish the outlet...If you look up www.eregulations.com 'find your regs' above the map...click on the state you want-Calif...It has all the regs, then click & download Calif Fishing Supplement. Pg. 4 for the American Sec. 7.50(b)- 5 b.. barbless hooks only, 1 salmon, fishing open 7/16 to 10/31..from the gauging station cable crossing about 300 yards down-stream from the Nimbus Hatchery fish rack site to the SMUD power line crossing at the southwest boundary of Ancil Hoffman Park....Sec. 5 c, d says barbed hooks ok, 1 salmon, from Ancil Hoffman to the mouth or Discovery Park 7/16 to 12/31. I don't know the Feather River but look up Pg. 5 Sec. 7.50(b) 68-D-closes 10/15, 1 salmon....68-E says it closes 12/16 1 salmon. Wait until Oct to scout and fish and get there early, it's too hot.. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Mark1; 09-22-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Any salmon caught in the american yet? ( Below Nimbus Basin )

I was there a few weeks ago, no fisherman whatsoever for salmon, so I am wondering if anyone has caught any yet... I want to make a trip but not sure when to go, also I have a question. Since nimbus basin is closed now, are you only allowed to fish till Oct 31 in the american? Can you fish the feather river outlet after oct 31? Thank you for any replies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123