Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When does the Striper fall run usually start?

    Fall run for me is whenever I catch some ... this year, they are not here yet

    I was at Antioch boat ramp today. I saw maybe 7-8 trailers on the lot around 1130am. Talked to a couple of people pulling out and they didn't catch any. There were lots of people fishing on the bank and no one got any.

    good luck Sniffers

  2. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    757
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When does the Striper fall run usually start?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danes View Post
    When does the fall run of Stripers on the American and Sacramento River usually start and how long does it last? What are some good spots on the American for bank fishing?
    The fall run has been at its peak for weeks. I’ve been catching and releasing fish all over the Sacramento River.

    My biggest fish usually are caught November - December.

    Bait of choice is pike minnows if you can catch them from where you are fishing.

    I don’t fish the American much so I couldn’t speak for that though.

    Good luck out there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    27
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When does the Striper fall run usually start?

    I was wondering the same thing. I have a six year old who would love nothing more than to bring in the shakers.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Seon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Lake Camanche
    Posts
    5,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When does the Striper fall run usually start?

    I tried trolling last weekend with a couple of my grandkids for Salmon until the electric trolling motor prop fell off so switched to Stipers. We got a couple of hits but didn't stick so think there were shakers then the wind picked up so called it a day.

  5. #3
    Senior Member Chrome Seeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Left Coast
    Posts
    1,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When does the Striper fall run usually start?

    As dumb as this may sound, but I learn a lot from the Angler West TV channel on YouTube as well as the Informative Fisherman channel. You can get an excellent jump start on spots by watching the episodes. I mean pretty much 85% of the stuff you need, the other 15% you’ll learn by being out there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Likes MKE, Paintguy liked this post
  7. #2
    Senior Member Waterdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Twilight Zone
    Posts
    2,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: When does the Striper fall run usually start?

    The fall striper run generally goes from late September through November maybe a little into a December. But in December the water temperature drops and often the bite dies. My experience is that the hottest bite is usually from now until mid November. As far as “hot spots” I think you need to put in the time and work to find you own hot spots.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

  8. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like

    When does the Striper fall run usually start?

    When does the fall run of Stripers on the American and Sacramento River usually start and how long does it last? What are some good spots on the American for bank fishing?

  9. Likes Ldd1959 liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •