Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wire tagged fish about 40 years ago

F&G is now controled by the politics in California So I do not see them doing anything to improved hunting and fishing in the state And Kyle Murphy who sits on the board and the only outdoorsman on the board is going to retire this years So not much hope for are kokanee fishing or any other improvement in are fishing environment. As far as the framer I was referring to is Mr. Resnick who grows all the nuts and other products down in the S.J. valley Plus he buys water from some rice growers and then sells it to the big cities down south at a profit. He is a Billionaire that lives in Hollywood.

100% Accurate reports
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey nephy.
    $5 back in 1979 would undoubtedly get you a 12 pack of ice cold beverage even a premium brewski five bucks wouldn't buy you a six pack today. So from the sounds of it it was a striper that I caught. Nobody's mentioned having any other tag fish like catfish or anything else I guess. The fishing game should take a look back. I don't know how many millions of dollars they spent trying to tag fish and recapture them. I'm sure it's over 50 million. They should utilize the the workforce of the California fisherman. With all the propaganda and tainted studies I think the fisherman themselves are the best source of information and they probably come free. Nobody wants the fishery fixed more than those that use it. Thanks for sharing guys.

3. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEHPYX View Post
    Jerry Brown the educated clown good riddance!!!
    I don't know any farmers rich or otherwise that support Jerry!!!
    Good riddance, I agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Iíve fished Clifton forbay and the steel wall with a lot of success. I canít say what is was but I always felt a little uncomfortable along the steel wall.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Hey NEHPYX I remember Del’s boat harbor well . It’s been around for at least 60 or more years. My parents when I was a kid use to launch there in the late 50’s and early 60’s. Use to be lots of big fish to be caught around there and in the surrounding sloughs. Striper, huge cats and big large mouth bass. Haven’t been there in 40 plus years.
    Yeah i knew his son Del pretty well he showed me a lot of good spots.You ever fish Clifton court forebay?It used to pump water up the old river to the marina the stripers and channel catfish used to thrive along that steel wall now illegal to tie up to i used to spent nights out there caught many big fish there.Before Del sold out and moved to Redding he worked at the water hyacinth processing plant he used to pull up some monsters including sturgeons brought me down a 6 footer one day.We were fishing at the mouth of the old and middle river one early fall morning he was fishing a mudsucker and hooked into a 47 pound striper had a 60 pounder mounted at his restaurant.I have been there once in the last 5 years we caught some cats and stipers but nothing of real size many say its just not what it used to be.I need to get out there and check on it myself.See if i can hook one of those 100$ tagged fish i do remember now the tagged fish i caught was 5$ i surely would have sent it in for that 100$.
    Last edited by NEHPYX; 10-16-2018 at 02:38 PM.

7. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NEHPYX View Post
    April 17 1987 i caught a 18 3/4 pound striper that had a twisted wire tag on it with
    the dfg`s info and i think a 5$ reward on it the tag was round and about half the size of a dime.
    I caught the fish at Del`s boat harbor now known as the rivers end in byron there is a water
    hyacinth processing plant just outside the marina i used to tie up along the steel wall and fish for stripers and monster channel cats.
    Hey NEHPYX I remember Delís boat harbor well . Itís been around for at least 60 or more years. My parents when I was a kid use to launch there in the late 50ís and early 60ís. Use to be lots of big fish to be caught around there and in the surrounding sloughs. Striper, huge cats and big large mouth bass. Havenít been there in 40 plus years.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

9. Likes NEHPYX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
    I recall catching a tagged fish maybe 10- years ago int he Stockton area of the Delta.

I was tagged there one year prior.

Haven't seen any tags in a long time.
    CDFW tags hundreds of Stripers every spring with "disk" tags, right around the dorsal fin area. 10% have a monetary value ranging from $20-100. It's part of a mark-recapture study to estimate population.

11. Likes NEHPYX, Chrome Seeker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I recall catching a tagged fish maybe 10- years ago int he Stockton area of the Delta.

I was tagged there one year prior.

Haven't seen any tags in a long time.

13. Likes NEHPYX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    About 17-18 years ago Fishermans Warehouse and F&G ask for help from the public to tag stripers and measure them This was done out of your own boat and at your expence I was one that help do the program So for a couple months in the spring I caught stripers trolling tag and recored all the info. I tag about 80 stripers in that couple month period all from 18" on up Never heard anything back on how the taging program went. I believed at that time F&G claimed they did not have the money to do the tagging program Since then they tried to pass laws to kill all the stripers off Claimed they are non native to California All B.S. over trying to get more water pumped south for the rich framers that support Jerry Brown.
    Jerry Brown the educated clown good riddance!!!

15. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

April 17 1987 i caught a 18 3/4 pound striper that had a twisted wire tag on it with
    the dfg`s info and i think a 5$ reward on it the tag was round and about half the size of a dime.
    I caught the fish at Del`s boat harbor now known as the rivers end in byron there is a water
    hyacinth processing plant just outside the marina i used to tie up along the steel wall and fish for stripers and monster channel cats.The fish was tagged according to the tag in the San joaquin river but i was young,dumb and rebellious against the government for what they did to me and never turned it in.

I do remember back around the same time Lake del valle use to have tagged fish
    San Pablo Res too but if i remember right those were for prizes only...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast