aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just made a tough decision..

Made another decision... I just put the boat up for the winter.. I can shore fish Pyramid which will be improving soon and if I go to Eagle Lake I can rent a boat or maybe hitch a ride with one of my local friends.

2. Likes Waterdog, redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LineStretcher, you have a good attitude, a realistic attitude, a positive attitude. I know it is near impossible to keep a positive attitude under your circumstances but attitude is what gets us through the worst crisis. Easier said than done but keep up the fight, never give up.
    Just the aging process itself breaks us down as I am finding out myself. Add a disease process to it like malignancy, coronary artery disease, diabetes, arthritis and a million more and the break down accelerates. That’s one of the problems with getting older, we are much more prone to devastating diseases. So with that said stay as positive as possible, be not afraid to ask friends and family for help and mentally kick cancers ass! May God bless you and I know many will keep you in their prayers including myself.
    Oh and one last thing, keep that thought that you’ll make that hunt next year, it’ll happen.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

4. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Water dog, I've been battling it for three years now. I'll never hear the words "in remission" because mine is perineural. I had my last Chemo/Hormone Therapy shot in June and it will be at least a year before my Testosterone begins to build. Mine is currently 44 and normal is 300-400. Without Testosterone I cant build lean muscle mass so I'm basically jello until things turn around. It sucks but so does being in a box six feet under. I've been very positive throughout and will remain so. I just hate to admit I'm broken.

6. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LineStretcher , the C word is the scariest word in the English language. I had a melanoma on my foot that fortunately was found early and treated, that was 10 years ago and no recurrence. I have a background in medicine and know what the diagnosis of melanoma can mean. My heart stopped when the pathology came back melanoma. My sister and I took care of my mother who succumbed to lung cancer. It was a horrible experience to watch on a daily basis.
    May God bless you and I wish you good fortune.

PS
    I don’t deer hunt any longer not because of illness but because all my hunting partners have either passed away or moved out of the area. plus my back won’t take the hiking in the mountains and hauling out a deer. Sold all my deer rifles. More than anything I miss sitting around deer camp with the guys and the camaraderie we had. Still have the memories though.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

8. Likes zipperman, LineStretcher, GW208, dennis l liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

You have my full support with you caregiving. I took care of my mom for 14 years. You cant not do it. Dont worry that others dont appreciate what you're doing, your mom does and that's all that really matters.

10. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    After the Pyramid Fest kicked my Chemo butt I had to face reality and admit that my physical condition is just not good enough yet to handle the rigors of a hunt this year. Fortunately, the folks I had the reservations with were kind enough to understand and put my deposit towards a hunt next season. Heck, who knows, I may even have my own tags next year.
    Sorry to hear about your chemotherapy currently im a caregiver for my mom she just finished 7 weeks of chemo and 6 weeks of radiation she has non carcinogenic lung cancer had a ct scan yesterday and the cancer has stopped growing she will be doing Immunotherapy twice a month for probably the rest of her life.I had two cancer scares myself had a brain tumor left frontal lobe and colon cancer how bout that head and azzzz fortunately tumor was benign and colon cancer is slow growing and non life threatening.
    Cancer can reek havoc on your daily life and your family and friends too.Hope all goes well for you dont over do it LineStretcher....

12. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Just made a tough decision..

After the Pyramid Fest kicked my Chemo butt I had to face reality and admit that my physical condition is just not good enough yet to handle the rigors of a hunt this year. Fortunately, the folks I had the reservations with were kind enough to understand and put my deposit towards a hunt next season. Heck, who knows, I may even have my own tags next year.

14. Likes burninfuel, NEHPYX, Waterdog, dennis l liked this post