Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Weatherby. 257 Weatherby Magnum

Quote Originally Posted by brokea--boater View Post
    Those are awesome rifles. The numbers on that cartridge are impressive, I've looked at then for awhile now. I have a Mark V 300 mag, it's beautiful and it freck'n kicks like a muther, no fun at the range. The fit and finish is outstanding, the solid feel of the bolt cycling is awesome.So nice to see rifles with wood instead of plastic. Looking forward to your first hand reports on it,,,gregg
    Gregg, I took it out and broke it in according to Weatherby. 40 rounds and 20 cleanings later its shooting great. Better than expected in fact. The only complaint I have is the trigger. Theres some gritty creep that I do not care for. After 20 cleanings though, it could be Bore Tech in the trigger so I'll flush it out with contact cleaner and see what happens. If that doesnt take care of it, I have a Timney that I can put in it. The rifle came into it's own after 35 rounds, the picture is the 7th group of 3 rounds. You'll have to look close to see all three holes. It really likes the 110g Nosler Accubonds. I was shooting Weatherby premium plus ammo. I'll be reloading that same brass for the next time out.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 10-21-2018 at 03:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Weatherby. 257 Weatherby Magnum

Those are awesome rifles. The numbers on that cartridge are impressive, I've looked at then for awhile now. I have a Mark V 300 mag, it's beautiful and it freck'n kicks like a muther, no fun at the range. The fit and finish is outstanding, the solid feel of the bolt cycling is awesome.So nice to see rifles with wood instead of plastic. Looking forward to your first hand reports on it,,,gregg

3. Likes LineStretcher, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New Weatherby. 257 Weatherby Magnum

Theres just something about a Weatherby Mark V Deluxe that instills confidence with just its beauty. The .257 WM is like a 25-06 on steroids. It easily hits 3300-3400 fps with an incredible 3000 ft lbs of energy. At 2400.00 it's not the most expensive rifle that I own but its hands down the prettiest.

Break-in starts tomorrow and then I'll sight it in. I put my favorite scope on it, my Swarovski X5.

5. Likes brokea--boater, Jetspray liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12