aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Weatherby Mark V Deluxe 6.5-300

Quote Originally Posted by burninfuel View Post
    I always wanted to put my 6.5 Remington magnum into a long action and let the bullet hang out farther for more room for powder
    This case holds a lot of powder. A light load is 81 grains but many take it to 91. SAAMI says not to exceed 65000 psi but the Wby 9 lugs are built to withstand 200,000 so you can push them beyond SAAMI and hit some really big numbers. I'll be building some loads for it soon but I'll keep it within min and max recommended. No sense in burning out a barrel on the range when it's designed for hunting.

Post Thanks / Like

I always wanted to put my 6.5 Remington magnum into a long action and let the bullet hang out farther for more room for powder.
    just looked up the performance on the 140gr, Zero at 300 yds and within 3.5" out to almost 500 yds.
    Amazing
    Last edited by burninfuel; 11-06-2018 at 03:45 PM. Reason: more

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Took her out to the range and got it sighted in. It's a relatively soft shooter considering it's the fastest 6.5 in production. I expected a lot more recoil but it was actually pretty nice. It shoots nice tight groups at 100 yards.

4. Likes burninfuel liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    I put a 6.5 Grendel upper on my lower, damn what a lazer beam of a round. Took a buck with her last year, dropped where it stood with little to no meat damage.
    I had a Alexander Arms 18" Grendel but I wanted to get away from the AR's for a while and get back to bolts. I gave it to my neighbor and he loves it. I personally think it's a better round than the Creedmoor for hunting.

6. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I put a 6.5 Grendel upper on my lower, damn what a lazer beam of a round. Took a buck with her last year, dropped where it stood with little to no meat damage.

aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Gregg, Nevada has strict laws too and you can be subject to long waits if your initial background check needs further investigation. I have a Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) permit that says I'm ok to sell to without further background checks.

The irony of all the crazy laws in California is that you can buy all the parts for an AR 15 online except a finished lower reciever but you can buy an 80% complete lower online and finish it with a router and no one will know you have it. California says you have to put a serial number on it and register it but how many bad guys are going to do that!
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 10-24-2018 at 03:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

That's some WB quiver you have there. I sure miss those buy and carry it home days. Phuckedupfornia put a end to that,,,gregg

10. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

New Weatherby Mark V Deluxe 6.5-300

Why settle for a Creedmore or Grendel when you can have 6.5 - 300 Weatherby. I was told these were 6 months out if I wanted it in the Deluxe model. I was pretty surprised when I found it at Sportsmans Warehouse in Reno. It wasnt there when I bought my .257.

On the way home I stopped at Scheels and got a Vortex Viper PST II 3x15 scope for it.

This one has the figured walnut stock and is beautiful but not as stunning as the quarter sawn stock on the 257.

Oh crap, I just realized I've got another 4 hours of break in ahead of me.

12. Likes BigUnInDaBoat, dennis l, burninfuel liked this post