Post Thanks / Like

Re: Young America Lake

Nice job. Always wondered if those lakes held any fish. I've hiked up to the fire lookout, walking by Tamarack Lakes, but didn't have any luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Young America Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Liverson View Post
    Just did the crazy hike to Young America Lake below the Sierra Buttes. I went to try and see if there really were Golden Trout in this lake. After catching a half dozen amazingly beautiful Brook trout on a tiny caddis fly, a large hopper and a nymph, I caught the most amazingly beautiful, on fire, Golden Trout!! Mission accomplished!!
    Congrats that’s a hell of a hike glad you caught some. I haven’t been in there in 40 years but I am sure it is still beautiful and pristine. We used to fry fish fresh out of the lake and put our beer in the snow bank to stay cold.

Post Thanks / Like

Fish Young America Lake

Just did the crazy hike to Young America Lake below the Sierra Buttes. I went to try and see if there really were Golden Trout in this lake. After catching a half dozen amazingly beautiful Brook trout on a tiny caddis fly, a large hopper and a nymph, I caught the most amazingly beautiful, on fire, Golden Trout!! Mission accomplished!!

4. Likes CDK, nayr, MtnFisher liked this post