Thread: first band

Post Thanks / Like

Re: first band

Nice post. Awesome getting a band. Love hunting with my lab and love posts about hunting with dogs. Next time post up some pics.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

first band

Went out hunting Saturday with my brother and the dogs one is a almost 3 year old lab pointer mix and the other is a 6 month old German shorthair pointer. We got to the hunting area at 8am we were going for ducks and quail. We went about a mile in and we saw the first birds the pup was pointing on a group of turkeys (wish it was next weekend could of easily got 2) the birds flush and the pup was no happy with us since we didn't shoot them. Then we went over there hill to a pond and my bro spotted 2 mallards on the pond we split up and I went at the ducks and he went to the side were they would fly if i missed I took the pup and he took the lab. When I got to about 40 yards of them they started to take off and I shot the drake him twice and he fell and the shot the hen on the last shot. It took the pup a minute to fetch the drake (he went on point in the mud and water) then he finally retrieved it then he went out in the middle for the hen when he was bringing it in I saw the band on the leg I've shot alot of ducks but this was the first banded bird I was very excited. My brother then hollers that there was a covey of quail in front of him and we managed to get 2 of them all in all it was a great day and the pup did very well for his second hunt and first water retrive and second he might be good luck out of 2 ducks the one was banded hopefully this continues.

3. Likes monkey916, Waterdog, burninfuel liked this post