Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yotes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yotes

"Hey, hey my ass" . Bullet between the eyes then say, "Hey, hey".

2. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borntoscout View Post
    Surprising aggressive behavior towards human:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVE9qfg7yI
    Look at the pretty doggy... what a fool. Did you see the yote looking up at the hillside.. Yeah, his buddies were up there waiting and watching. That guy was extremely lucky.

Post Thanks / Like

Surprising aggressive behavior towards human:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqVE9qfg7yI

Post Thanks / Like

When we moved here in 2006 one of the things I saw on my first night here was two coyotes in my back portion of the property. We have a linear lot with fences on either side and the back portion is an access to the power and telephone lines. My neighbor on that back side has a fence running the length as well as it being wood. So I made a chicken wire type temp fence between fences so that the coyotes could not come through. Power guys had to take it down a couple of times (I did that) but other than that no coyotes since we moved in......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

About ten years ago I awakened to a whole lot of yip'n and yap'n coyotes little more than 50 yards from the house. The pasture they were in was obscured by a line of redwood trees planted to fend off the north wind. I rushed downstairs, loosed my dogs, a black lab and a springer and ran to the corner of the yard from were I could see at least 5 coyotes scattering every which way, with my dogs in pursuit of 2 of them. When I entered the field I found my 33 year old grey mare dead and fed upon at each end. All I could think of was I hope they waited until she was dead. The thought of her suffering being eaten alive haunts me still.

IMG_0770.jpgIMG_0771.jpg

The grey mare on a better day

Gary's Graymare in Gospel Hump Wilderness in Idaho.jpg
    Last edited by borntoscout; 12-08-2018 at 04:42 PM.

7. Likes CDK, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We were having one/two 'yotes coming through our property almost every night all summer. They were tracking after the rabbits that were getting into our garden. Maybe not a bad thing.

Then about two weeks ago the 'yotes just disappeared. Couldn't figure out why. Then I took a drive and noticed that the sheep on the farm down the road had begun to drop their lambs. That's where the 'yotes went I thought. Probably a bad thing for the sheep farmer.

I wish I had that sheep farmer's email address. I'd send him this link below. Let me know if this is off limits to post here. I'll delete.
    https://youtu.be/CwvVlfohEDE

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    aka sschefer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    Yokes have been howling outside our bedroom window at night but there's nothing that they can kill/eat so I just roll over and go back to sleep.
    A guy I know in Montana got 6. He posed them in his yard after they froze and it's his Christmas decorations. Yes, this is real not photo shopped. The guy is a sicko but a fun one... LOL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 12-07-2018 at 06:03 PM.

11. Likes GW208, zipperman, CDK, hooks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yokes have been howling outside our bedroom window at night but there's nothing that they can kill/eat so I just roll over and go back to sleep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    That’s hilarious GW208. May want to add that if you see a roadrunner near there may be a wiley coyote about also.
    No doubt.😀
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    .22 Sniper Subsonic round might work?
    GrandPa used to have goats and sheep . I don't know how many I got with a 22 short in the boiler room.Since the subsonic came out It works well on my place out to about 50 yds. Hold on the back bone and it will do the job.
    frui vita et piscium captura
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

15. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast