Post Thanks / Like

Re: Monterey Bay Surf Perch.

Got some perch off the Pacifica pier. Video of it on My YouTube Outside with Dad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    My family and I had to leave the chaos in South Lake Tahoe for Snow Globers and the New Years Partiers in town to head to the coast to my parents house and realax. Of course I brought my fishing stuff and my dad and I went out yesterday. We found one barred perch and several walleye perch( which are small) but still it was fun.
    Today we tried a different spot and absolutely hammered them!! We got action on almost every single cast and that's no joke!! We kept 13 today and that's what's for dinner tonight!
    If you enjoy surf perch fishing get out and have some fun!!! It's time.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
    whered you go? Im takin the kids and GF down to pacific grove this weekend 1/18-1/20 and Ive never fished the area before - Im pretty comfortable up around the Bay Area, HMB, Pt Reyes and Bodega but never really go that far south. Itll be the first time these kids have fished in the ocean and Id really like to show them some surf fishing in addition to hanging out on a pier - I could really use some help on good accessible and family friendly surf fishing spots, thanks! PM if you are inclined to share and see this before we head out, Ill be happy to post the after action report when we get back! 😄👍

Post Thanks / Like

Nice haul!

Post Thanks / Like

outstanding!! buddy came up from SoCal. we fished a couple of days straight. the tides were not perfect in sonoma. high tide was after dark..so we started each day at 3pm and just went for it. baby swells. friend brought ultralight trout gear and he did well. fish were biting 15 feet out from our feet. i did "okay" i got a big bite from some mystery fish that took a lot of line when i set the hook. he tossed the hook despite my best efforts. it was a very good time.. i have yet to find a day of bites at every cast. granted i think i am now on trip #12 of my new found hobby of surf perch chasing. i got a lot of use out of my brand new 6 week old 2018 fishing license. :D happy new year buds.

5. Likes MKE, dennis l liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wife and I came down from San Jose. What area are you at? We are in Marina. Fishing New Year day.

7. Likes MKE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Monterey Bay Surf Perch.

My family and I had to leave the chaos in South Lake Tahoe for Snow Globers and the New Years Partiers in town to head to the coast to my parents house and realax. Of course I brought my fishing stuff and my dad and I went out yesterday. We found one barred perch and several walleye perch( which are small) but still it was fun.
    Today we tried a different spot and absolutely hammered them!! We got action on almost every single cast and that's no joke!! We kept 13 today and that's what's for dinner tonight!
    If you enjoy surf perch fishing get out and have some fun!!! It's time.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk