Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Warden

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Warden

Quote Originally Posted by gmdcdvm View Post
    I have never been checked by a warden in all my years of fishing. I was fishing the Antioch Bridge Pier 3 years ago when Antioch PD showed up and was checking everyone's licenses. I found it strange the local PD would do this.

Gerry

They have the authority

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been checked by a warden in all my years of fishing. I was fishing the Antioch Bridge Pier 3 years ago when Antioch PD showed up and was checking everyone's licenses. I found it strange the local PD would do this.

Gerry

Post Thanks / Like

Was checked by a Warden today while sturgeon fishing near Alameda. Very nice, friendly young man. Only 24 years old! He hung out and chatted with us for about a half hour. When asked, he said the fine for fishing without a license is $500, but if you purchased a license before your court date, the judge would likely reduce your fine.

4. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But more than likely a "sympathetic" judge will only give them a slap on the wrist and tell them not to do it again. Most of the perps are repeat offenders for that reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be misled by the base fine. Fishing without a license has a base fine of $100... but the end of the day, it's $485 with all the assessments added in. (and upwards of $1000 if it's charged as a misdemeanor, rather than as an infraction. And if they are writing the citation, it will generally be written as a misdemeanor). The good news is that it's correctable for $25. On the other hand, fishing with barbed hooks in a barbless area (or two rods without a two-rod stamp) will get you the same. No license and two rods is about $2800 worth....

And don't get caught transplanting fish or possessing more than 12 abs. $61,750 fine and penalties for either.

https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/2019-JC-BAIL.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jfitalia View Post
    The comparison works perfectly. You missed the point
    Over here I have been checked by the Sherriff at Mitch Pond twice. I have also been checked by tribal officers on Pyramid numerous times. In California many many times and they were usually on foot. I still carry my lic's around my neck and visible. This years out-of-state Calif. Lic is orange and pretty visible......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I have a T shirt in my closet that says in red "I am Moron Intolerant", maybe I should wear that once in a while......Jetspray
    Wife bought me one for Christmas that says “I fish so I don’t choke people”.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Likes monkey916, MKE, Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troutbead View Post
    Being stopped by police and asked to see your drivers license and registration would be illegal without PC to make the stop. So that is not a good comparison.
    The comparison works perfectly. You missed the point

11. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jfitalia View Post
    Seems like a dumb way to justify if they've "earned" your money. How often are stopped by police and asked to show your driver license and registration? At what point has the local, county and State police "earned" your money?
    Being stopped by police and asked to see your drivers license and registration would be illegal without PC to make the stop. So that is not a good comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Roper View Post
    And all fines should go to the DFG coffers not the general funds, this should help with funding of more game wardens.

That's a terrible idea. There is a reason why agencies done do that

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast