Thread: Pyramid 1-3-19

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pyramid 1-3-19

Do you need a boating permit for the yak or just a fishing permit? I have a PA 14 and have been thinking about getting back into fishing Pyramid again.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes PA 14. If anyone wants to come up and do a yak day let me know .
    2007 Crestliner 15 Canadian Mercury 25 4 stroke electric troller & Hobbie Pro Angler 14 ......Fish beware!!

3. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Steve. One these days and yea I dont dismiss warning signs thanks for heads up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAL.NDN View Post
    Yep plenty experience on the paddle trolling. Hopefully one these days I will get the chance to experience it. Yea I know about the winds up there that's why I asked. It would be hard for me to plan a day with no winds and 5 hr drive and a full time job to get up there and try it. But once I'm retired it will happen.

Chris, go for it. Check Windfinder.com and if the wind looks good, go. Bring along a 9ft spinning rod and if the wind predictions are wrong then shore fish. The trick to knowing when and when not to venture out on the water is on the back of your neck. If you feel the wind on the back of your neck, get in closer to shore and pay attention to the north and south ends of the lake. If you see dust clouds at either end, get off the lake immediately and fish from the shore.

6. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report. Looks like a PA 14? I've fished Pyramid many times from my Outback. Lot's of fun and you can launch them anywhere. I have a 2019 Outback coming here soon. We'll have to hook up.
    2017, 20ft Gregor Eagle, 100hp Honda, 9.9 Honda, 80 lb Riptide, 4 Scotty 1106's

Post Thanks / Like

Yep plenty experience on the paddle trolling. Hopefully one these days I will get the chance to experience it. Yea I know about the winds up there that's why I asked. It would be hard for me to plan a day with no winds and 5 hr drive and a full time job to get up there and try it. But once I'm retired it will happen.

Post Thanks / Like

The lake would paddle just fine, as long as you have experience trolling with your paddle. Its barbless hooks and artificial only. I have seen it done many times. I only fish days with light or no wind. If you are familiar with the lake you know thats what gets people in trouble. I try to fish every week. Somtimes twice. One day yak one day boat. Pyramid is an amazing fishery. I have had 40 fish days fo 2 of us on my boat.
    2007 Crestliner 15 Canadian Mercury 25 4 stroke electric troller & Hobbie Pro Angler 14 ......Fish beware!!

Post Thanks / Like

Your a bad azz thanks for report been wondering how that lake would paddle sounds like it peddled just fine. Just wow on the tow part.

Post Thanks / Like

Pyramid 1-3-19

Launched my kayak at Popcorn today fished to Dego and back. Caught 10 lost as many. Only 1 over 24 barley. Good day on the water. Peddled just over 8 miles and towed a small boat with 3 people back to popcorn. About 1 mile. Not bad for a yak! A few pictures!IMG_1175.jpgIMG_1171.jpgIMG_1177.jpgIMG_1170.jpg

If anyone wants to kayak fish Pyramid lake I am happy to go and show you what I do.

12. Likes CAL.NDN, LineStretcher, MtnFisher liked this post