Post Thanks / Like

Re: Officially hooked....

Other than shooting teal.............

you can load just BB's for all your hunting.

Sure is nice to have a dog. Have fun this coming season.

Post Thanks / Like

Great lookin chocolate lab. I’ve had hunting labs for the last 30 plus years so I’m a little prejudiced but I think they are the most awesome dog on the planet. Super hunting dogs both waterfowl and upland. Incredibly smart. Great personality and fabulous family dog. They are also affectionate , loving, playful and can be quite the clown. They retain a certain puppy like trait their whole life. I can tell hunting stories about my dogs for hours and other stories about their crazy antics.
    Enjoy every minute with your two labs , they will touch your heart in special ways and you’ll make forever memories with them.
    The dog in my avatar is my dog Sprig. He is that once in a lifetime dog all hunters hope they have one day. I’m truly fortunate he came into my life.
    Last edited by Waterdog; 05-13-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

3. Likes BigUnInDaBoat, burninfuel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

man this pic makes me miss it that much more. lol thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Yup she's a chocolate, just picked up a male 8 week old pup about 6 weeks ago. Terrible two, lol

6. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chocolate Lab

8. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    Great day on the marsh. Brown dog and I will get this waterfowl thing down! Shot at a lot, and missed a lot, but dropped a teal and smacked my first mallard that came in with another, feet down wings cupped right into my decoys, just breathtaking. Brown dog retrieved it after a little encouragement (biggest bird she's ever seen), but she did retrieve it BY THE FOOT hahahahaha. I thought I had taken 3 shells of BB and when i saw geese coming I loaded those, they turned out to be #5's or else I would've most likely got my first goose today too. Well looks like I'll be taking fishing vacations this time of year from here on out.49465005_995984550598134_190456390551076864_n.jpg49452260_995982753931647_8440847897674645504_o.jpg
    What's the breed? Looks like chesapeake bay retriever
    Searching and detecting animal tracks, love kayaking and fishing. Founder of GearHunts.

10. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Officially hooked....

Great day on the marsh. Brown dog and I will get this waterfowl thing down! Shot at a lot, and missed a lot, but dropped a teal and smacked my first mallard that came in with another, feet down wings cupped right into my decoys, just breathtaking. Brown dog retrieved it after a little encouragement (biggest bird she's ever seen), but she did retrieve it BY THE FOOT hahahahaha. I thought I had taken 3 shells of BB and when i saw geese coming I loaded those, they turned out to be #5's or else I would've most likely got my first goose today too. Well looks like I'll be taking fishing vacations this time of year from here on out.49465005_995984550598134_190456390551076864_n.jpg49452260_995982753931647_8440847897674645504_o.jpg