Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headed to Oroville 1-21

Fat Oroville King 30 minutes into the first day. Late post. Caught 2/2/19. Fished two days for this one fish. Water filthy. 40 owt. Waremelon radical glow. watermelon flasher. Sardine tipped.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I tried last Saturday, no hits, no marks, no kings. Tried the usual baits and presentations. Water is stained.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

3. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it didn't work out. You still had a better day than I did. You were fishing. Keep at it, you'll find them....

We used to find them fishing in the trees bait fishing night crawlers or minnows this time of year. Haven't done it that way in 20+ years, but expect it might still work. Bonus is you can normally find spots that way too.

Keep the reports up. We appreciate them.

5. Likes Stickman, Kingsackem liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We trolled Monday morning 1-21 for a few hours with no luck, tried hoochies and flashers. Also tried brads cut plugs. Trolled 20-50ft, water on the main body by the green bridge was kind of muddy. Went up the middle fork and seemed to clear up but still no luck.

7. Likes garyarl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There should be some around, and I'd expect them to be fairly shallow (30' or less) this time of year. You might have to do some searching, so I'd spend some time looking for bait and trying different areas if it were me. One other consideration. I'm not sure if they've planted yet, but if you get into a bunch of small planters, you may have to move, or drop deeper. They can be hard to weed through.

Good luck and let us know how you do.

9. Likes Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Headed to Oroville 1-21

Headed to Lake Oroville to see if I can find some kings. Does anyone have any info or heard anything lately. I will let you guys know what happens. I have not fished for them this early in the year before.