Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Advice on the Elusive Lake Natoma Trout

Well, don't get used to it. We had a break in the buoy line in front of the dam and the, usually unseen releases from the main dam, were moved over to the new spillway for divers safety in front of the dam. These fish sucked out from the new spill way don't go through turbines and hopefully may survive a trip to Natoma.
    2017 18' Allied Spitfire w/red stripe 115 & 9.9 Yamaha. "Cold Beer & Conversation" GS

2. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the trout must be eating good now . Today I actually saw them letting water out of the spillway!!!! First Time ever , water in the channel was flowing but not Brown or blown out at all . I think if any Fish makes it out of there it would have a real hard time negotiating those stairs that step down . Bring on the landlocked Salmon . Any one know what the biggest salmon out of Folsom is ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexWalker View Post
    I swear I have checked that list 100 times and never saw it. I must be going crazy. Thanks
    Its all good, my friend. Lets just keep talking to each other. I have gleaned so much great information over the years by reading these Sniffer Forum posts. I really love being a part of this online community.

5. Likes bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    A quick check on the DFW planting schedule shows that Willow Hills Reservoir was planted with trout the week of December 2nd 2018.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FishPlants/De...rvoir&time=All

There is no information on future plants at this time

I swear I have checked that list 100 times and never saw it. I must be going crazy. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Bump !!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

stickman, can you confirm the trout planting there? I have heard multiple times that it is, but I can't find any information from the "fishing in the city" group about it.
    A quick check on the DFW planting schedule shows that Willow Hills Reservoir was planted with trout the week of December 2nd 2018.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FishPlants/De...rvoir&time=All

There is no information on future plants at this time

Post Thanks / Like

stickman, can you confirm the trout planting there? I have heard multiple times that it is, but I can't find any information from the "fishing in the city" group about it.
    I actually found this lake a few years ago BECAUSE it was listed on the DFW plant schedule

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FishPlants/

I had to look up where it was. I fished it for trout a couple of winters in the month after the plants to great success. I haven't fished there in the last couple of years. I assumed that it was part of the "Fishing in the city" program because of the location and the fact that the lake is not deep enough for trout to survive through the summer heat. I do not know if Willow Hill Reservoir is still in the rotation for a DFW trout plant.

Post Thanks / Like

It only gets stocked for their event

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Owlman2 View Post
    Good thought, but how do you get them to strike your offering when there are thousands of actual pond smelt floating by....seems like the odds would be against you.

More than most locations, I think the secret to Natoma lies not so much in how you fish, as when you are there.
    Predatory fish like trout strike lures or bait for many reasons. If the offering triggers their predatory instinct they will strike and its game over if one does his part. I've seen big trout pass up many offerings and then commit all of a sudden.

Those big trout are catchable, one just needs to figure them out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. Likes CDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast