Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any good black bass fishing this time of year?

Berryessa, Oroville and Shasta are historically strong late winter bass lakes, with Melones and Camanche also in the mix in Nor Cal. Biggest numbers will be deep video game fish on spoons and drop shotting 30-50 deep but with extended warming trends there will be some pigs that move up.

I fished half day at Camanche on Thursday and tried to force a reaction bite on hudds and deep rip baits and blanked until I caved and bagged two chunky spots at the end of the day on brass and glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes radoncraft liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any good black bass fishing this time of year?

Don't know anything about the delta but most foothill lakes are doing ok if you fish deep. You can read some recent reports from New Melones or Don Pedro on some other fishing sites. I understand Oroville is muddy but guys were doing ok on jigs and drop shot a month ago.

Lots of tournaments are held this time of year. A recent one on Berryessa took 17 pounds to win. 17 pounds for five is a good day.

Personally I have good days and bad days this time of year. Tuesday this week was tough, I only landed 2 fish. 2 weeks ago on Berryessa I did much better than that.

Post Thanks / Like

Any good black bass fishing this time of year?

Looking to get out bass fishing. Anywhere working this time of year?