Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brochure For Your First Car

Quote Originally Posted by dennis l View Post
    Pretty cool mine was 51 1/2 ton Ford p-up 53 Merc flathead, truck was built by Hardtop racers for a give away prize, was Really cool bright yellow, brown leather interior.The only problem was it ate starters. Put a pair of bucket seats behind the cab and made sure I had enough people along to jump out and push to start when needed. Had original horn a aooga horn and a Bermuda bell to get the ladies attention. Ended up trading for a 58 impala convertible. What days and times those were.
    That's cool! My uncle used to drive one too. You won't see those vintage flathead truck parts that often nowadays.

2. Likes dennis l liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hooks your almost as bad as me. 52,55,56 chevys Model a's roadsters, coupes, phaetons 2 door sedans, bug eye Sprite 54 ford, 2 61 fords 1 a convertible, 65 falcon sprint almost not street able ran in the 10's in quarter, 66 mustang convert, 69 mustang, 3 or 4 new cars and a couple of new trucks. Vw I lost count I used to take them apart and make dune buggies out of them still have 2 before the economy died had 6 or 7, probably 20 to 30 all told, my son and I would some times tow home a pair at a time. I could cut up a bug body and put in the trash in less than an hour. 2 VW Things still have one. Its funny a lot of the cars I've owned are collectors now, the 58 convert Impala probably worth the most. But if I had my choice I would take the 61 ford convert 390 3 on the tree. Hey if we knew then what would be collectable and a place to keep them would make for some nice retirement funds.

4. Likes Waterdog, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Brochure For Your First Car

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    My first car was a 59 Chevy Impala. I bought it at the end of 10th grade in 1965 with money I’d saved from my Oakland Tribune paper route and other odd jobs. It was a pos, it broke down every week it seemed. Good thing was that my dad taught me how to work on and repair cars so I learned a lot with that car. I do have fond memories of that car as it had a really big back seat which was great on dates. That’s all I’ll say about that. Went on to muscle cars after that.

You're lucky about having a dad that could teach you about cars. I learned early on about buying automotive books and reading library materials. Later on after I met my wife, her father was a minister and mechanic, he taught me a great deal of stuff. It always helps to get training. Funny thing is today there are so many outfits that teach automotive repair and you have more certifications as well. Just wondering what the greenies are gonna do with all those folks they want to put out of work, I'm just sayin'...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

6. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first car was a 59 Chevy Impala. I bought it at the end of 10th grade in 1965 with money I’d saved from my Oakland Tribune paper route and other odd jobs. It was a pos, it broke down every week it seemed. Good thing was that my dad taught me how to work on and repair cars so I learned a lot with that car. I do have fond memories of that car as it had a really big back seat which was great on dates. That’s all I’ll say about that. Went on to muscle cars after that.

Last edited by Waterdog; 02-11-2019 at 08:26 AM.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

8. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Brochure For Your First Car

My favorites are the one's we have today. 2002 F-350 V-10 4x4, 2004 F-150 32 valve 5.4 4x4, 1994 Ford Ranger with the mazda 4 cyl engine 2 WD, 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 (my dad's last car). I think if they were not my favorites I would not take them in for repairs or regular maint. All of them have very good tires including my boat trailer...…..Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

10. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First car in high school 58 Ford Fairlane
    Second car 66 Ford Mustang
    Third car 69 Cougar XR7 ( that is still my favorite car)
    First pickup 1962 GMC 1/2 ton huge V-6 then changed to a 327
    First 4x4 1969 Ford Bronco

After that they all sorta run together and there have been a lot of 4x4 pickups. My favorite 4x4 pickup was a 1986 Ford F150. My favorite SUV was a 1993 Jeep Cherokee.

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don (hooks) my wife and I have owned many vehicles over the years. I did most of my own maintenance on them but mostly menial like lubes, oil changes, and slapping parts on when needed. Funniest thing to me is today, because of the advancements in engine and drive train design, most folks don't do crap to keep them safe and driving properly. I love to walk through a parking lot and just look at tires to see how bald they are......Jetspray
    Last edited by Jetspray; 02-11-2019 at 02:33 AM.

14. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1/2 dozen or so VW bugs tossed into the mix. I used to buy VW that had fender and hood damage that ran good. I'd get them cheap buy/install new body parts. Take it down the good old Earl and get a $99 paint job and then double my investment for my time/labor.

A Fiat
    A Renault

Several beater 4x4 trucks I used for hunting. 1/2 and 3/4 ton

A 1942 CJ2A
    A new 1985 Ford 1/2 ton
    A 1945 Ford MB
    A couple of Subarus
    A new 2001 Silverado 1/2 ton 4x4
    A like new 2014 Silverado 1/2 ton (6136 miles on speedo)
    Last edited by hooks; 02-10-2019 at 06:09 PM.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1980 Mustang Ghia

Catch ya later ... hooks

18. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Next was a 1964 Chevelle SS...This is the car I wish I had now!
    Last edited by hooks; 02-10-2019 at 06:11 PM.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

20. Likes Jetspray, kickinit liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast