Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sunday on the SJ

Thanks radoncraft. Iím sure the conditions will improve soon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sunday on the SJ

Thanks for the report Ben, that's one of my favorite areas, I was wondering how it looked over there.
    I'm holding off, maybe for a while longer before exploring that area again.
    But like you said it is nice just being out there again.

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday on the SJ

The wind forecast wasnít looking great and I knew the visibility would be bad, but I hadnít been on the water in several weeks.

Got a not-so-early start out of SF and was launching out of Lauritzenís around 0900. The wind forecast was spot on, blowing 8-10 steady when I got on the river.
    So I headed for a few spots that were sheltered from the wind, which came from the west.

Managed to mark some fish in each spot I stopped at, but no one was fooled by my presentation, which was a 2oz chartreuse jigging spoon from Revenge Baits. Also attempted throwing a Tokyo Rig but no bites there either. I did manage to snag a baby catfish in the tail, by accident, with my spoon. At least thatís what I thought it was. Couldíve been a bullhead, I guess, but I threw him back.

When I decided to call it for the day, I looked at the main SJ, and it looked sloppy. The river and tide were both going against the wind and it was a rough ride back to Lauritzenís. I considered throwing some rip baits in front of Big Break but decided it was too rough to enjoy fishing, so in I went.

Winds seemed to be about 10-15 knots by the time I quit. Water temps were between 49-51 degrees. Clarity(if you wanna call it that) was about 7 or 8 inches. Actually not as much debris as I expected but there was some, including a 20ft section of a dead tree that was floating by at one point. Still had fun in the few hours I was out. Beats working. Cheers

Interesting side note was that there was snow on Mt Diablo

Sorry for the length.

4. Likes Paintguy, Katch, radoncraft, Stickman liked this post