Post Thanks / Like

Re: On Board Battery Charger

Thanks....didn't see the two bank tender until you pointed it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
    You mean one of these battery tenders?

http://products.batterytender.com/Ch...12V-0-75A.html

I used this one for the boat: http://products.batterytender.com/Ch...emisphere.html

I have the junior for my quad and it works fine for keeping the battery up when it's parked in the unheated garage.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean one of these battery tenders?

http://products.batterytender.com/Ch...12V-0-75A.html

Post Thanks / Like

I've been running a NOCO Genius GENM2 8 amp 2-bank for more than 3.5 years and haven't had to touch anything since installed (I believe it was $100 new).

I don't leave it plugged in 24/7 but usually just after a trip, and before one if it has been a while. Not the quickest charger, but it just works.

One side is on the main/starter (which gets charged by the alternator when running), and the second side is on the independent, large, deep cycle that runs the trolling motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. The battery charger is to be used to maintain the starting and house battery while it sits on the side of the house. I did not add a trolling motor option on this boat since I didn't use it much on my previous boat.

Thanks again...
    I put a dual battery, Battery Tender on my North River start and house batteries and left it plugged in all the time. Worked like a champ.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. The battery charger is to be used to maintain the starting and house battery while it sits on the side of the house. I did not add a trolling motor option on this boat since I didn't use it much on my previous boat.

Thanks again...

Post Thanks / Like

Need a on board battery charger for the new boat. It only has two batteries so I only need a two bank charger. I have used ProMariners chargers before and I like the Genius chargers since they sieem more compact.

Has anyone had any issues with the Genius brand or should I stick with ProMariner?

Thanks for you help.
    It all depends on what you use your batteries for and how well you want them treated by the charger. IMHO you cannot go wrong with the Minn Kota chargers for trolling motor deep cycle batteries and it's hard to beat the reputation of the Battery Tenders for starting batteries. I have used the ProMariner's in the past but they are sort of a one size fits all charger along with the Genius. They do ok but I want something more specific for the types and uses of my batteries.

Post Thanks / Like

on my 8th year with my pro mariner charger never had a complaint.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GEN2-Wat...&pd_rd_wg=SREu

got one for my 16' proguide Tracker and another for my 2101 Striper but upped the amps to 10A
    Last edited by burninfuel; 02-11-2019 at 10:58 AM. Reason: more

Post Thanks / Like

On Board Battery Charger

Need a on board battery charger for the new boat. It only has two batteries so I only need a two bank charger. I have used ProMariners chargers before and I like the Genius chargers since they sieem more compact.

Has anyone had any issues with the Genius brand or should I stick with ProMariner?

Thanks for you help.