Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bucks Lake reviews?

my buddy's family has a cabin there on Mile High Rd....apparently there is still 6-8ft of snow on the ground

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MGC View Post
    Bucks Lake (Plumas County) options:

Haskins Campground (PGE) has a ramp although quite in need of repair. Can anchor boat near camping area. Campground I believe has water at sites, no sewer or power hook up, is kept quite clean.

Mill Creek Campground (USFS) is a small campground, somewhat remote, no ramp, no power. Difficult to get a space here.

Sundew Campground (USFS) has no ramp, can anchor boat near camp sites, no power.

I think you can reserve a site online to these camping areas.

Sandy Point (USFS ?) is a day use area with a nice ramp and is located between Mill Creek C.G. and Sundew C.G.

Boats can also be launched at Lakeshore Resort and Bucks Lake marina.

I don't know a lot about the camping at Lower Bucks, not really a ramp here, just a sandy beach where you can launch. The road accessing the lower lake is dirt 1/4 to 1/2 mi.

The fishing can be good at times offering Lake Trout, Rainbow, Browns and Kokanee. The Lake Trout can reach 30 Lbs.

The lake is beautiful with about 17 miles of shoreline. Many Bald Eagles and Osprey.

Good luck!!

P.S. The lake is now snow covered with still about 8 feet of snow surrounding it.
    Thanks for the detailed response. Yes the winter was good and I read the CG's normally open around mid May, this year would be a guess,,,gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Bucks Lake (Plumas County) options:

Haskins Campground (PGE) has a ramp although quite in need of repair. Can anchor boat near camping area. Campground I believe has water at sites, no sewer or power hook up, is kept quite clean.

Mill Creek Campground (USFS) is a small campground, somewhat remote, no ramp, no power. Difficult to get a space here.

Sundew Campground (USFS) has no ramp, can anchor boat near camp sites, no power.

I think you can reserve a site online to these camping areas.

Sandy Point (USFS ?) is a day use area with a nice ramp and is located between Mill Creek C.G. and Sundew C.G.

Boats can also be launched at Lakeshore Resort and Bucks Lake marina.

I don't know a lot about the camping at Lower Bucks, not really a ramp here, just a sandy beach where you can launch. The road accessing the lower lake is dirt 1/4 to 1/2 mi.

The fishing can be good at times offering Lake Trout, Rainbow, Browns and Kokanee. The Lake Trout can reach 30 Lbs.

The lake is beautiful with about 17 miles of shoreline. Many Bald Eagles and Osprey.

Good luck!!

P.S. The lake is now snow covered with still about 8 feet of snow surrounding it.

4. Likes Stickman, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bucks Lake reviews?

I was checking out Bucks Lake up by Quincy on the web for the first time. Looks like a nice place to check out camping and fishing out of a boat. Any thoughts from you guys on which campground with hook ups, the fishing? I see some spots look somewhat close to the shoreline in some of the campgrounds, which would be nice to leave the boat tied up instead of launching it each day. Appreciate any info from those that know the Lake,,,gregg