Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topaz 3/14. Cold and Clear.

Quote Originally Posted by burninfuel View Post
    we fished it in the old Tracker, caught a 2# brown just before we go to you.
    Did 5 total and some of the smallest fish we ever caught in the lake, rainbows on the other 4
    Just a little farther out and deeper, I think the small one's were jumping in front of me to keep away from bigger one's trying to eat them. Trolling speedy shiners in rainbow trout colors would work wonders......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by burninfuel View Post
    Did 5 total and some of the smallest fish we ever caught in the lake, rainbows on the other 4
    Nevada has stocked around 20,000 trout sense the first of the year. Most of them less than 10 inches.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Likes Paintguy, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Topaz 3/14. Cold and Clear.

Quote Originally Posted by TBSP View Post
    Those filets are beautiful, look a lot like salmon.
    Those are Jb fishing's filets, he is good at that and smoking too (does not resemble shoe leather or jerky).Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

7. Likes TBSP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Those filets are beautiful, look a lot like salmon.

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was 14 degrees at the house when we left here. When we arrived at the park and drove around to the point, the only acces area was the south part between the barbed wire fence and a large tree with overhangs (I do not like to dirve under that with the camper because it can damage my top vent) and on the far side the water had come up to a point of angle on the shore which is hard to navigate even with someone who has two eyes to do so (slope is probably 35 degrees or better). When you do reach that side you have to navigate large sharp boulders to get the truck in most are about the size of a basketball. We did have good access where we were and it was a great spot to sit fish from. We also saw some small fry fish jumping and one guy was using side planers fishing shallow. The bottom had moss growing as well all a good sign......Jetspray

11. Likes TBSP, Paintguy liked this post
    Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Topaz 3/14. Cold and Clear.

Finally got the opportunity to get back on the water. The snow of the previous week is off the lake but the cold still remains. Jetspray, JB Fishing and I arrived on the East Shore of Topaz at 0645. We couldn't get to the spot we usually fish due to rising water. The skies were clear and the temp was around 15 degrees. There was a little ice on the shore. We fished until 1200 with only two fish to the shore. These were two typical Topaz holdover bows and Jeff took them home for the smoker. Both came on Green gulp. The fishing remains slow because of very cold water. The weather guessers say that warmer times are coming. Thanks for taking me guys. Better times.

CC

Topaz, Cold and Clear

Got a Couple

Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

13. Likes hooks, jb fishing, TBSP, MtnFisher, Hookum Greg liked this post