Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring is here

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spring is here

Quote Originally Posted by dennis l View Post
    Well we once again had a couple of days of spring like conditions. The days that its not raining the Painted Ladies are still coming thru, hundreds of them each day just looking from the patio. If I drive around the property I see them every where, this has to be one of the biggest migrations on earth. Still passing thru 1 to 10 or more at a time, unbelievable most be millions of them headed north. Anyone else seeing any?

I checked the old internet this is the most since 2005 and said to numbered in the billions
    Haven't seen any here in Nevada Dennis, we don't get many but I'll keep an eye out. Yesterday it was 71 here with on and off clouds but today we're mostly cloudy and under a severe wind warning for at least the next two days. Weather report has been changing almost daily as we try to transition to spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Well we once again had a couple of days of spring like conditions. The days that its not raining the Painted Ladies are still coming thru, hundreds of them each day just looking from the patio. If I drive around the property I see them every where, this has to be one of the biggest migrations on earth. Still passing thru 1 to 10 or more at a time, unbelievable most be millions of them headed north. Anyone else seeing any?

I checked the old internet this is the most since 2005 and said to numbered in the billions
    Last edited by dennis l; 04-08-2019 at 02:20 PM.

3. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Spring is here

We have had a very windy and wet day, some of the gusts exceeded 40 mph and anything not tied down went flying. Tomorrow will be some pick up but the garbage can is already out front for pickup tomorrow.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    LOL,, yep.. Our Weather Guessers are confused too. At the 4:00 news they said weather warning for the pass but by the 6pm news it was a severe storm warning.. They still say chance of showers in the valleys but that goes out the window if the winds don't pick up and blow it over the top of us. I'm beginning to understand the weather around here a little better but it's still a guessing game for me so I give the weather guessers a break.

when I was in the navy, 'weather guessers' is what we called them. on midway 1 time they predicted
    warm temps and low winds, it was comfortable temp wise, but the winds would lift the gooney birds off
    the ground when the extended their wings, the could get air borne without running 50 yards.
    be safe

6. Likes Jetspray, LineStretcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL,, yep.. Our Weather Guessers are confused too. At the 4:00 news they said weather warning for the pass but by the 6pm news it was a severe storm warning.. They still say chance of showers in the valleys but that goes out the window if the winds don't pick up and blow it over the top of us. I'm beginning to understand the weather around here a little better but it's still a guessing game for me so I give the weather guessers a break.
    Kind a what I told you a few years ago, they all seem to stick their hands out the window around here. Most of the time either a day off either way and make funny statements about it. The guy on channel 2 seems to have a funny look on his face all of the time and the other channels have new folks in place many times over....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I looked at the formation of a storm creator at the area between Hawaii and Oregon/California and it looks like the "Whirly Gig Storm Creator Monster" that comes around once in a while to blast the coast. When I see that it reminds me of the weather lady on channel 4 in the Bay Area who was able to write in reverse on a Plexiglas sheet backwards.....Jetspray

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dennis, they billed it as an atmospheric river last week but I think that may have been an overstatement. Looks like Wednesday will be the heaviest rain and then out of here by Friday.
    I looked at the formation of a storm creator at the area between Hawaii and Oregon/California and it looks like the "Whirly Gig Storm Creator Monster" that comes around once in a while to blast the coast. When I see that it reminds me of the weather lady on channel 4 in the Bay Area who was able to write in reverse on a Plexiglas sheet backwards.....Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis l View Post
    looks like I might have jumped the gun was so nice for a couple of days now rain off and on for the week. Still hoping for the best.
    Dennis, they billed it as an atmospheric river last week but I think that may have been an overstatement. Looks like Wednesday will be the heaviest rain and then out of here by Friday.

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

looks like I might have jumped the gun was so nice for a couple of days now rain off and on for the week. Still hoping for the best.

Post Thanks / Like

It rained pretty good out here last night I guess. The kid next door took his new Razor out and got it stuck in the liquified sand/dirt.. (aka quick sand). His dad went out and pulled him out with his Ford Raptor. Now they have to deal with the cement that's in every nook and cranny of both vehicles. Gonna be a long day for them.

15. Likes Jetspray, Yearroundfisherman liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast