Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longest one day trip?

Quote Originally Posted by brokea--boater View Post
    Several 1 day runs from Brentwood to Ft Bragg for Tuna. 4 1/2 hours one way + 2 1/2 boat ride out to the grounds, usually around 7-8 hrs fishing + 2 1/2 boat ride in. 45 minuets washing the boat and drive home 4 -5 hours depending on evening traffic on 101 south. Add a couple more hours if the crew agrees to clean fish before heading home. Glad I don't do that any more. But you have to go when there is a Wx window to run out 40-50 miles, cant plan those runs for a weekend. Plus the trip is not done yet, add a full long day processing and canning after you get home,,,gregg
    It's all about being at the right place at the right time, ARE YOU WILLING?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brokea--boater View Post
    Several 1 day runs from Brentwood to Ft Bragg for Tuna. 4 1/2 hours one way + 2 1/2 boat ride out to the grounds, usually around 7-8 hrs fishing + 2 1/2 boat ride in. 45 minuets washing the boat and drive home 4 -5 hours depending on evening traffic on 101 south. Add a couple more hours if the crew agrees to clean fish before heading home. Glad I don't do that any more. But you have to go when there is a Wx window to run out 40-50 miles, cant plan those runs for a weekend. Plus the trip is not done yet, add a full long day processing and canning after you get home,,,gregg
    thats dedication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

4. Likes Yearroundfisherman, Spinner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From South Lake Tahoe I don't mind going to Pyramid for the day it's about an hour and a half one way. But it seems like 3-4 times every year I'll take the two and a half hour drive to the Delta for some striper fishing in the spring which makes for a really long day. A few years back we decided to leave for Bodega Bay at 2 in the morning, fish the entire day and then head home. Now that was a brutal day for 2 salmon for the 2 of us.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

6. Likes burninfuel, nayr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll drive 2 1/2 hours to New Melones to fish but it's a long day. I like the 1 hour to 1 1/2 drives instead.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grncrestliner View Post
    I have 3 nights booked on Shasta in April but was also thinking about doing a day trip. My fishing buddies can't go for more than one day trips so I was just looking at my options.

Some are retired and some are not but most still don't seem to have time to fish. I don't get it. LOL

yea, the retirees are still living for the weekends, I don't know why.
    I haven't had weekend off for about 10 years, working but enjoying my 3-4 days off every midweek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grncrestliner View Post
    I have 3 nights booked on Shasta in April but was also thinking about doing a day trip. My fishing buddies can't go for more than one day trips so I was just looking at my options.

Some are retired and some are not but most still don't seem to have time to fish. I don't get it. LOL
    If I dont fish the rockfish opener, we try berry.

Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do more than 1 day, spend a couple and enjoy the time and opportunity.
    I used to go to Pyramid from Gardnerville and fish all day, run back during the rush hour in Reno and south.
    Now 3 days at Pyramid, 2 nights in #4 cabin at Crosby's, Coffee, dinner and cocktails and the best is talking with all the other fishermen.
    Great times, I'm ready to retire there

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much the same for me 2hrs no more for day trip.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast