Post Thanks / Like

Re: Breaking in my new little friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Wow! I’m drooling. You have an awesome collection of rifles. I can see that the scope is a Vortex, is it a razor vortex? I don’t know much about vortex scopes but I know the razor is considered a fine long range/tactical scope. I read about them in one of the publications I get.
    The Scope is the Viper PST Gen 2 5-25x50. I was going to put the Schmidt and Bender on it but I have it dialed in for shooting out to 800 yards with my .308 Weatherby Mark V Threat Response Rifle. That took just way too much work so I decided to use the Vortex instead. I think it's going to work out fine but won't really know until I start stretching it's legs. I just picked this rifle up yesterday and even though it's range certified it needed a little work to get to where I like it. Now I just need a couple of clear days to dry the desert out so I can go shoot it and polish the throat.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 04-05-2019 at 06:14 PM.

2. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I’m drooling. You have an awesome collection of rifles. I can see that the scope is a Vortex, is it a razor vortex? I don’t know much about vortex scopes but I know the razor is considered a fine long range/tactical scope. I read about them in one of the publications I get.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one you might like. Weatherby Mark V TacMark .338 Lapua Magum. This is a rifle designed for long range shooting out past 1500 yards. It's a challenging feat which is why I own it. Just to be able to do it takes a lot of work and knowledge. I dont know if I'll ever do it but I'm going to try like heck.

Last edited by LineStretcher; 04-04-2019 at 05:46 PM.

5. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Both those scopes are what shooters dream of as is the 50 BMG. Love to see the effects of hitting a target filled with water or dirt. Very very nice weapon and scope Steve.
    I've been gathering a few items that will show what 13,000 ft lbs of energy looks like a little better and my neighbor has been working on his drone flying skills. The next video should be better.

7. Likes Waterdog, Datster_2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Both those scopes are what shooters dream of as is the 50 BMG. Love to see the effects of hitting a target filled with water or dirt. Very very nice weapon and scope Steve.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice little friend you have there. Just curious, what range are you shooting at? What scope are you using?
    That's our little unofficial range behind my house out on BLM land. We can get out to 100 yards there. None of the small local ranges will let me shoot it because of the muzzle blast. We found another spot in a blow hole out in Hazen that we go to shoot out to 1000 yards but it's still too wet (quick sand) to get in there right now.

The scope is a Leupold Mark 5 5-25x50mm with Horus reticle. The scope is built for the 50BMG. I had my Schmidt and Bender PMII sniper scope on it at first but moved that to my Weatherby TacMark .338 Lapua.
    Last edited by LineStretcher; 04-03-2019 at 05:33 PM.

10. Likes Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice little friend you have there. Just curious, what range are you shooting at? What scope are you using?

Post Thanks / Like

Breaking in my new little friend.

All my shots were hits on the bucket but since they were empty the bullets were through and through. Next time I'll fill them with dirt so the bullets expand and the buckets blow up.

Last edited by LineStretcher; 03-29-2019 at 06:04 PM.

13. Likes zipperman, Datster_2000 liked this post