Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delta Stripers, March 30, 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter Pilot View Post
    Great report as always Tomo. I have been fishing Comanche the last three weekends. I am ready to head to the delta. We will have to hook up and fish together one of these days.

Skeeter
    Is it actually today?
    look, when you play, you have to feel free or something easy. Whatever it will be football, computer game or poker big win.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hamachi_Kama View Post
    Our "A" camera is a Canon DSLR and we have 2 go-pro "B" cams. That said we hardly use the go pros. The good news as that when shooting fishing from a boat, there are only so many "good" or doable angles, so its rather easy to get decent video. Steady hands, smooth pans and good framing are the only real skills we apply, so its easy in that regard. The real solution is for me to not fish as much as I do when we shoot - its a baaaad habit! I did exactly that on this video, only casting a bait when the tuna boiled on the corner. As a result, got some of the best footage we've ever shot:

Thanks for indulging me on this topic. Perhaps someday I'll be more inclined to have camera in hand...or somehow convince my wife that filming is better than fishing. Yeah, right! :)
    Great footage!

Post Thanks / Like

Hence the reason my youtube channel isn’t all that good. I’m a fisherman not a videographer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes robdog, Stickman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

...its just that nobody wants to film when the fishing is good, including me! Anyone have any video filming skills out there? I need a full time camera guy!

Funny right there. You need to find a full time camera guy on a non-fishing forum. Ha! Filming is tough when the bite is on.

6. Likes Yearroundfisherman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSunfish View Post
    Back in the late '80's to about 1991, a gentleman that was well known on the "beach" decided to put the 'stick' down and video recorded, what would turn out to be some of the last good true runs of stripers on the beach that also included some of the venerable "beach" fisherman of that time. Everyone tipped their cap to the gentleman for recording what is really now, history. There would be one last great year in 1998, but nothing convenient to record the action and everyone was truly invested in enjoying what they knew was the last of a great thing.

IF only I had access to the digital camera equipment available today back in that era....... The quality of today's images are so inspiring whereas back then, it was hardly worth the effort or not being involved in wide open beach run.

Is the "cameraman" having to look through a viewfinder? More of a Go-Pro set up?
    Our "A" camera is a Canon DSLR and we have 2 go-pro "B" cams. That said we hardly use the go pros. The good news as that when shooting fishing from a boat, there are only so many "good" or doable angles, so its rather easy to get decent video. Steady hands, smooth pans and good framing are the only real skills we apply, so its easy in that regard. The real solution is for me to not fish as much as I do when we shoot - its a baaaad habit! I did exactly that on this video, only casting a bait when the tuna boiled on the corner. As a result, got some of the best footage we've ever shot:

Thanks for indulging me on this topic. Perhaps someday I'll be more inclined to have camera in hand...or somehow convince my wife that filming is better than fishing. Yeah, right! :)
    HKSLAYS MULTIMEDIA FISHING

Post Thanks / Like

Am working on obtaining a drone. What little budget I had this year (so far) for production gear went toward lighting, wireless mic rig and a prime lens. The in the near future you'll be seeing the fruits of that investment as I begin to do more video in-studio to add to the outdoor stuff we do.

Go pro on a mast is cool, but only provides a single angle. I like to do better and it's more fun to have camera in-hand. The problem is that the love for the camera must exceed the love for the fishing rod...I'm not quite there yet but thats what it's going to take to get high-quality footage - someone with camera in hand, full time. That said I've got a few friends that have expressed interest in helping out but its easier said than done once the boat starts to get bit.

Back in the late '80's to about 1991, a gentleman that was well known on the "beach" decided to put the 'stick' down and video recorded, what would turn out to be some of the last good true runs of stripers on the beach that also included some of the venerable "beach" fisherman of that time. Everyone tipped their cap to the gentleman for recording what is really now, history. There would be one last great year in 1998, but nothing convenient to record the action and everyone was truly invested in enjoying what they knew was the last of a great thing.

IF only I had access to the digital camera equipment available today back in that era....... The quality of today's images are so inspiring whereas back then, it was hardly worth the effort or not being involved in wide open beach run.

Is the "cameraman" having to look through a viewfinder? More of a Go-Pro set up?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keelhauler View Post
    The new sled is great for me and the family, but nowhere near as fast as the bass boat. I'll be out Wednesday of next week to try the sj side from the bridge to the Moke.
    It's good to have family capability. It's the one thing I don't *truly* have but perhaps some day. Have a great time hunting those striper - I won't be back out for a few weeks.

10. Dislikes yngbass disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSunfish View Post
    Drone? (Not the "Star Wars" type) Aerial....... Maybe something on a tall mast with a stabilizer?
    Am working on obtaining a drone. What little budget I had this year (so far) for production gear went toward lighting, wireless mic rig and a prime lens. The in the near future you'll be seeing the fruits of that investment as I begin to do more video in-studio to add to the outdoor stuff we do.

Go pro on a mast is cool, but only provides a single angle. I like to do better and it's more fun to have camera in-hand. The problem is that the love for the camera must exceed the love for the fishing rod...I'm not quite there yet but thats what it's going to take to get high-quality footage - someone with camera in hand, full time. That said I've got a few friends that have expressed interest in helping out but its easier said than done once the boat starts to get bit.

Post Thanks / Like

The new sled is great for me and the family, but nowhere near as fast as the bass boat. I'll be out Wednesday of next week to try the sj side from the bridge to the Moke.

13. Likes Hamachi_Kama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

More opportunity coming. As with every Spring run, there are on and off days, sometimes time of day is everything. See you out there!

Throwing swimbaits is both fun and easy. Hoping to shoot a video this year to break down my delta striper fishing...its just that nobody wants to film when the fishing is good, including me! Anyone have any video filming skills out there? I need a full time camera guy!

Drone? (Not the "Star Wars" type) Aerial....... Maybe something on a tall mast with a stabilizer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast