Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delta Boater Missing 3/29

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    That's why I have a dash cam in my truck as well as the wifes SUV. It's unbelievable how may of them swerve in and out of the lanes or pull out in front of you from a side street then drives below the speed limits .
    I feel your pain friend, most folks who visit here in Nevada are from California. I always thank them for paying my taxes, gambling, room taxes, purchase taxes, and yes tickets. There are plenty of them here that think they can speed on freeways and in towns, they do not realize that every cop here has some sort of detective device along with them and can ticket you just if you are over the speed limit by a smidge (no leeway). Also they can tack on extra points for your actions while you converse with them in some cases. A dash cam is a good idea, but I do not commute, and I am that guy in the slow lane all of the time, who is considerate and lets you go by first (I am in no rush). Take it easy out there my friend, you have G-kids to love......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes wckid, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CDK View Post
    Found him! RIP
    So sad.

https://elkgrovelagunanews.com/2019/...und-on-sunday/
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

4. Likes Jetspray, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    He probably is one of those commuters that drives in and out of traffic, passing everyone and sitting along side of you at the next light or stopped in traffic looking over at you...….Jetspray
    That's why I have a dash cam in my truck as well as the wifes SUV. It's unbelievable how may of them swerve in and out of the lanes or pull out in front of you from a side street then drives below the speed limits .

6. Likes Jetspray, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Found him! RIP
    You can’t fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use!
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

8. Likes Jetspray, wckid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    I was out yesterday with my four of my adult grandkids piloting down 3 mile slough where there were several yahoos boaters blasting thru the no wake zone in front of Belden launch ramps. Coming back there was another yahoo on a jet ski doing circles right in from of the ramps .
    He probably is one of those commuters that drives in and out of traffic, passing everyone and sitting along side of you at the next light or stopped in traffic looking over at you...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

10. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was out yesterday with my four of my adult grandkids piloting down 3 mile slough where there were several yahoos boaters blasting thru the no wake zone in front of Belden launch ramps. Coming back there was another yahoo on a jet ski doing circles right in from of the ramps .

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merle View Post
    Sad thing is the ones that drive their boats or pwc like idiots will still drive them like idiots.
    I think idiotic actions are included with letting go on the weekends. Too many forget laws on the water are mostly stricter than on shore. I have seen many get cited at the shoreline for not having equipment on board that they are required to have. I have also seen those who do not follow instructions of officers thinking they are some sort of parking lot attendant. I do not allow any booze on my boat, simply because of my age and the simple fact that they would have to bring in the boat if something happened...….Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Sad thing is the ones that drive their boats or pwc like idiots will still drive them like idiots.

15. Likes wckid, kickinit, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    Most people drive there boat like they drive there cars and don't care who is around them. I see it a lot of times in the delta and it gets really crazy during salmon season. I can see why the state now has the boaters course that everyone that operates a boat must take.
    I was bent out of shape about the boater licensing requirements (we only have pwc) but after letting the dust settle and remembering all of the close calls we've personally had and the bad behavior we've seen it became less aggravating.

Post Thanks / Like

Most people drive there boat like they drive there cars and don't care who is around them. I see it a lot of times in the delta and it gets really crazy during salmon season. I can see why the state now has the boaters course that everyone that operates a boat must take.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast