Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minn Kota terrova not staying on

I agree with all the other suggestions. I have had a Terrova iPilot and currently have a Power drive iPilot, they were a little older units,
    so I'm not sure what changes have been made. I had similar problems.
    The power head unit has two cables running down from it to the base of the unit, one cable is large and is coiled up, the other is small and has a round connector. The connector can be used to tie in the manual foot control unit if you wanted to use it. I do not use the foot control unit , so the connector , connects directly to the mounting base unit. The connector it's self is where the problem was. I unscrewed the connector and put dielectric grease into it and reconnected it. That took care of the problem, but once in awhile it will do it again. When this happens, just disconnect and reconnect and it will start working again.

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LineStretcher View Post
    When you say turned on, are you talking about turning on the power at the base of the unit or are your talking about the remote. If it's power at the base of the unit then you may have a dirty connector since it will not allow itself to be deployed if its not getting at least minimum voltage. That's a good thing because in order to retrieve it you have to break it (yes, that's in the manual).

If you have power at the base but the remote is turning off then change the batteries in the remote.

What he said.

I've had a couple powerdrive units and any problem Ive had was fixed by replacing the remote battery. Ive also had a couple bum remote batteries that only lasted a short time. I keep a couple spares in the boat glove box.

Hope thats all it is anyhow. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboymd View Post
    I have a 2018 terrova motor with I pilot and it has been working great. Today I went to use it and it turned on for 2 seconds and shut off. The battery is full charged and the fuse are good just will not stay powered on. Anyone have any trouble shooting ideas or guides. New here looked elsewhere and found this thought I would ask you experts. Thanks in advance.
    When you say turned on, are you talking about turning on the power at the base of the unit or are your talking about the remote. If it's power at the base of the unit then you may have a dirty connector since it will not allow itself to be deployed if its not getting at least minimum voltage. That's a good thing because in order to retrieve it you have to break it (yes, that's in the manual).

If you have power at the base but the remote is turning off then change the batteries in the remote.

Post Thanks / Like

check your power plug connections for burnt or hot insulation.

Post Thanks / Like

Minn Kota terrova not staying on

I have a 2018 terrova motor with I pilot and it has been working great. Today I went to use it and it turned on for 2 seconds and shut off. The battery is full charged and the fuse are good just will not stay powered on. Anyone have any trouble shooting ideas or guides. New here looked elsewhere and found this thought I would ask you experts. Thanks in advance.