Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carbon Monoxide Reminder

Quote Originally Posted by Yearroundfisherman View Post
    One of my worst fears right there. We almost had a similar incident a few years back in a 17 foot Bayliner with a bimini enclosure. Everyone thought it was the beer making them dizzy until somebody spoke up and we shut the engine down. We had left it running to charge up the batteries and the wind was blowing from our stern.

I had to put a sticker in my boat about a year after I bought it about monoxide gas. My problem is my main is so loud you really cannot troll with it, that's why I have the T-8 to troll with. I do not drag anyone on skis either, however I have rescued some folks having trouble with their boats and one dude in a tube setup to shore, blown by the wind at Pyramid...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

2. Likes Yearroundfisherman, redneckpunk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carbon Monoxide Reminder

One of my worst fears right there. We almost had a similar incident a few years back in a 17 foot Bayliner with a bimini enclosure. Everyone thought it was the beer making them dizzy until somebody spoke up and we shut the engine down. We had left it running to charge up the batteries and the wind was blowing from our stern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Carbon Monoxide Reminder

After an incident on the Delta this weekend I thought I would post this reminder for everyone. Many associate this with closed cabin boats, but that’s not always the case. On Saturday the wind was dead calm and the passengers on the rear deck were overcome by CO as they trolled the SJ. The captain, who was below deck piloting this larger vessel (26ft Bayliner) was also overcome with it. Fortunately, on of the passengers was able to get off a May Day call before passing out and the first vessel to respond had US Military Veteran Medics on board who rendered aid until USCG could arrive. All three on board were transported to the hospital for O2 therapy and observation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Likes Yearroundfisherman, Datster_2000 liked this post