Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bag Limit Proposal on the American

Quote Originally Posted by CAL.NDN View Post
    We agree then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    yea! ...whats wrong with Bonding anyway .right!!!!

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

2. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We agree then.

THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAL.NDN View Post
    Still a trout just not by law.

Your right!!!! , there are all trout UNTIL they decide to go out to sea, or there just a trout ...A WILD TROUT !

Post Thanks / Like

Still a trout just not by law.

THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

6. Likes BigUnInDaBoat, bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    Sorry bro, those 12" fish you claim are wild have not migrated yet or are resident rainbows. Let me know when you catch 17 adult fish with 3 being hatchery.

your right . I will let you know when i get the 17 Inchers because i`m tired of dealing with he 19 Inchers I get with 3 being hatchery fish!!!! .. Some get em!,,,, some Don`t.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefanoflo View Post
    Sorry Bro,tell the people that work there and those like me that fish that river .If I caught 20 Fish 17 are wild and 3 are Hatchery !!!! I have a 2018 report card to prove that and the People that I talk with when they are on the river counting redds confirm that as well. and this last season 2019 Granted I lost a Month from high flows I landed 9 Fish and out of that 1 was a Hatchery fish That was deep hooked and became dinner. Sometimes the truth is Just That !!!!
    Sorry bro, those 12" fish you claim are wild have not migrated yet or are resident rainbows. Let me know when you catch 17 adult fish with 3 being hatchery.
    Last edited by BigUnInDaBoat; 04-22-2019 at 10:21 PM.

9. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    Uh, almost all if not all those fish returning to the Moke are hatchery fish.
    Sorry Bro,tell the people that work there and those like me that fish that river .If I caught 20 Fish 17 are wild and 3 are Hatchery !!!! I have a 2018 report card to prove that and the People that I talk with when they are on the river counting redds confirm that as well. and this last season 2019 Granted I lost a Month from high flows I landed 9 Fish and out of that 1 was a Hatchery fish That was deep hooked and became dinner. Sometimes the truth is Just That !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexWalker View Post
    I agree, they have eliminated the ability to have the wild steelhead population return to pre-dam levels. However, its about diversification of the genetic line that is so beneficial. Steelhead, unlike salmon, are not that picky about the river they return to. Genetically, they are better at diversifying themselves and spreading out, so the redd restorations will, hopefully, allow more diversity in the river which will eventually make it to hatchery stocks...in theory.

Im all for no keep on steelhead on the American. C&R only, barbless. Give that 5-10 years, while still producing from the hatchery. See how that goes. You want trout, go above the dams.
    Getetic diversity can be obtained by improved hatchery practices. A broodstock program would be a great start.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like

Amen on that I. am with you on the Catch and Release only and barbless. I saw a lot of steelhead killed this year on the American compared to last year I even asked some people to release their females they told me no they want their eggs. Very sad

13. Likes Troutbead, PinkSalmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, they have eliminated the ability to have the wild steelhead population return to pre-dam levels. However, its about diversification of the genetic line that is so beneficial. Steelhead, unlike salmon, are not that picky about the river they return to. Genetically, they are better at diversifying themselves and spreading out, so the redd restorations will, hopefully, allow more diversity in the river which will eventually make it to hatchery stocks...in theory.

Im all for no keep on steelhead on the American. C&R only, barbless. Give that 5-10 years, while still producing from the hatchery. See how that goes. You want trout, go above the dams.

15. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast