Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Striper & Tides

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Striper & Tides

Iím just your average fisherman but I do like a moving tide and I hate slack tide unless I can catch fish. When I look at the tide and see that itís slack at 8am and moving at 10am. Iím getting more sleep and stopping at McDonaldís for breakfast :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes LONO100 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In these big tides it seems the fish run for cover, or thats what I've been claiming since I've head back to back skunks. Are guys headed up more into the river systems to find them or can these fish still be located on the shoals with big currents? Getting a little tired of only reeling in vegetation....

Post Thanks / Like

I have been killing them in the SJ river regardless of tide. The area I fish has tides, but there is always some current going in the same direction, so I dont think the tides have much effect.

I have noticed the bite seems to be the best from the mid afternoon until sunset.

5. Likes CDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Time of day vs. tide is always a challenge. Ideally, lining the two up is best. But so many other factors some spots bite on the incoming or outgo or both. In general terms, your thoughts about fishing the outgoing tide is something I'd agree with. For me and the spots I fish the outgoing tide tend to work best at most of the spot I fish, and as a general rule the outgoing tide is what I try to fish. Evening sessions this time of year can be epic as well - like a light switch!
    HKSLAYS MULTIMEDIA FISHING

7. Likes KERPOW, RideNfish, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Striper & Tides

Thoughts about striper bite and tides? Outgoing tide starts about mid day when itís hot. Should I start fishing for striper early morning or wait till the outgoing tide? Donít plan to be out there all day. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12