Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: losing your hearing

Quote Originally Posted by macfish View Post
    yep heading that way soon, I can get to Grand Junction/Delta in about 12-14 hrs start seeing things by then. Feel like I'm still moving when I stop too.
    There are some nice fishing areas around Grand Junction, there is also a nice drive from a park just south of town, kind of a driving tour. I do like some of the places to eat there as well, by the time you get there you just want to get some food and hit the sack.....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

yep heading that way soon, I can get to Grand Junction/Delta in about 12-14 hrs start seeing things by then. Feel like I'm still moving when I stop too.

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: losing your hearing

Tinnitus sucks. I wonder if I have ringing in my deaf ear? Background noise makes me deaf.
    My dad complained about that a lot when he visited us here. He lived in Canyon City Co which is 1,145 miles from my doorstep, quite the drive for a visit. From 1990 to when he passed away in 2014 it was a yearly drive for me. The Maxi Prison just outside of town going to Pueblo contained many of those bad guys serving mostly life sentences from breaking Federal Laws (like the Unabomber)..Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Tinnitus sucks. I wonder if I have ringing in my deaf ear? Background noise makes me deaf.

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: losing your hearing

It's really to bad the digital sound isn't that advanced for the price they cost. If only it was as good as a telephone and the battery only last about 10hrs, but they are really small.
    When you get things like tinnitus (which I got in my left ear around 1994 from equipment noises mostly) you loose hearing. As you age it diminishes more and more, anything will help. It is kind of like dental work but more involved because you do want to hear your great grand kids when they show up along with everyone else, for those family gatherings and great food.....Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

It's really to bad the digital sound isn't that advanced for the price they cost. If only it was as good as a telephone and the battery only last about 10hrs, but they are really small.

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
    Some of the new aid's are great best thing is Bluetooth for your phone things sure have changed in the last 50 yrs of my using them. (mine VN)
    My dad had a set of aids that I had to return to the place where he purchased them after he passed away in 2014, he only had them a month so they gave us around $4,000 for them. The other thing was his gardener worked at some retirement community centers and I had a large fruit cake tin with about 100 battery packs in it of various sizes, he said they dove after them in a hurry and gave us a thank you card too......Jetspray

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the new aid's are great best thing is Bluetooth for your phone things sure have changed in the last 50 yrs of my using them. (mine VN)

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: losing your hearing

I have all of those C diseases, CHS (Can't Hear S**T) is only one of them. I had a hearing test but they left me in the booth because I fell asleep and could not hear them when they asked me to leave........Jetspray

14. Likes kickinit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What? You talkin' to me?
    Catch ya later ... hooks

16. Likes Jetspray, okie, Markj2k4 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast