Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lake Camanche 5/2/19 2 BIG Piggies

Quote Originally Posted by BigUnInDaBoat View Post
    I cannot understand most of this.
    You have got to stop smoking that weed dude it destroys the brain!

2. Dislikes BigUnInDaBoat disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hot Damn, this is getting good. I just pulled up a chair and doing this...

while reading all the bickering.

4. Likes TBSP, hwyman, CAL.NDN, Jetspray, bigfin, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hwyman View Post
    If they can operate a business on the public paid lakes not referring to bays oceans or rivers
    they should pay for their clients they take as well as the clients themselves having to pay
    at the gate that will bring the revenue up but the fact remains they are a business and you cant
    operate other businesses on the lakes which is not fair but is a good thing to me can you imaging
    what would happen if it were, no keep the guide businesses out of the paid public lakes tips and tricks
    are a good thing but learning on your own is what fishin is all about.
    I cannot understand most of this.

6. Likes Jetspray, Troutbead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Local, state and even federal agencies run most lakes in California along with PG&E. They benefit from the fees charged to put your boat on the water or have inspected. Guides pay a large part of that fee systems operation and they are counted on to bring in others as well. I have followed George on Pyramid many times, simply because I know he is able to catch fish because of his abilities. I do not bother him, but he does know where the fish are and he has given me tips in the past that work. I think the guides are a blessing because knowing how and where to fish helps many others as well......Jetspray
    If they can operate a business on the public paid lakes not referring to bays oceans or rivers
    they should pay for their clients they take as well as the clients themselves having to pay
    at the gate that will bring the revenue up but the fact remains they are a business and you cant
    operate other businesses on the lakes which is not fair but is a good thing to me can you imaging
    what would happen if it were, no keep the guide businesses out of the paid public lakes tips and tricks
    are a good thing but learning on your own is what fishin is all about.

8. Dislikes BigUnInDaBoat disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefanoflo View Post
    Pick and choose wisely , I did not say NOT to keep them ,l all i was trying to say In My Plain English was you have an Option to keep or throw back small fish that's all. hell you have a Pig on the Board Hanging and then a few Mickey Roonies dangling????? Come on ,its all about Making Robbie look really good,, Not just good,.. God what Over reactions some people Do??? on what I do .
    What if the big fish were the last ones to hit? What if they want some fresh trout for the table?

You do not know if these planted fish were bleeding, or couldn't be successfully released due to water temp? I hooked and landed a big brown last week, never took him out of the water held him in the moving water after quickly removing the hooks, and he still struggled for a moment in the warm 74* surface temp. Browns are much more tolerant to warmer temps than rainbows.

Regardless, you should not be worrying yourself about what licensed anglers do with their legal catch.

10. Likes Jetspray, bigfin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hwyman View Post
    I do have a small problem with guide services on the lakes.Why because it is a business and not
    everyone can run a business like boat towing service ,mechanical, or even a hotdog stand.Ocean,bays,rivers ok but paid lakes no dont think it should be allowed.
    Local, state and even federal agencies run most lakes in California along with PG&E. They benefit from the fees charged to put your boat on the water or have inspected. Guides pay a large part of that fee systems operation and they are counted on to bring in others as well. I have followed George on Pyramid many times, simply because I know he is able to catch fish because of his abilities. I do not bother him, but he does know where the fish are and he has given me tips in the past that work. I think the guides are a blessing because knowing how and where to fish helps many others as well......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    I might just say that most folks who go with guides want to fish but may not have a boat. Also when you are on a retirement salary you are limited on funds. I might also say I do know what it takes to own a boat, have insurance, pay for registration and luxury taxes in California, and also know what it costs to pay the fees, taxes, even guide lic and insurance costs for doing so. Gas ain't cheap either nor are the equipment costs and maint. All that being said, I do smoke some fish, but most of the time I do catch and release. It all is an old argument with me, but really most folks have no clue about getting debt free, and retiring in my book, I see to many of them go belly up soon after retirement or having to supplement their incomes with jobs that they never would have considered in the past. Good Job Robbie, you are appreciated for helping folks out.....Jetspray
    I do have a small problem with guide services on the lakes.Why because it is a business and not
    everyone can run a business like boat towing service ,mechanical, or even a hotdog stand.Ocean,bays,rivers ok but paid lakes no dont think it should be allowed.

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Dislikes Troutbead, BigUnInDaBoat disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh BTW, I retired in 2006 at the age of 56, good luck to all of you for your future.......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

15. Likes Echetino, Trickytrucker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefanoflo View Post
    Pick and choose wisely , I did not say NOT to keep them ,l all i was trying to say In My Plain English was you have an Option to keep or throw back small fish that's all. hell you have a Pig on the Board Hanging and then a few Mickey Roonies dangling????? Come on ,its all about Making Robbie look really good,, Not just good,.. God what Over reactions some people Do??? on what I do .
    I might just say that most folks who go with guides want to fish but may not have a boat. Also when you are on a retirement salary you are limited on funds. I might also say I do know what it takes to own a boat, have insurance, pay for registration and luxury taxes in California, and also know what it costs to pay the fees, taxes, even guide lic and insurance costs for doing so. Gas ain't cheap either nor are the equipment costs and maint. All that being said, I do smoke some fish, but most of the time I do catch and release. It all is an old argument with me, but really most folks have no clue about getting debt free, and retiring in my book, I see to many of them go belly up soon after retirement or having to supplement their incomes with jobs that they never would have considered in the past. Good Job Robbie, you are appreciated for helping folks out.....Jetspray

17. Likes BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

myself my brother and his troutmachine son who has been in Comanche
    reports and has been comped several times for his catches had a great day yesterday to
    my nephew has a lure that kills them!

19. Likes Jetspray, Echetino, BigUnInDaBoat liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast