Post Thanks / Like

Re: Feather River Striper

Thanks everyone for the info. Much appreciated. Im impatiently waiting for salmon season so striper will have to fix the itch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grncrestliner View Post
    I can tell you what I learned with my one and only striper trip on the Feather. We launched at Boyd's pump last Tuesday afternoon. Decent launch ramp and parking area. A little trashy looking and smells bad from all of the fish carcasses littering the banks. Lots of boats anchored up and some drifting bait. We ran up to Yuba City and saw a lot of boats fishing the mouth of the Yuba River. Most boats pulling off had landed stripers and we landed 3 trolling. Our fish where caught within 2 miles of the ramp and the river all looks about the same so not sure where the hot spots are. Some say you never need to get out of sight of the launch ramp and others run miles.
    Now I know there are other launching facilities and there have been rumors for years about vandalism in the parking areas. My feeling was there are so many people fishing and launching boats right now that it is less likely to be a problem since there are just too many eyes for guys to sneak in and rip you off.
    If the area around Yuba City is what you are interested in there are launches in Yuba City and Marysville. I preferred the area around Boyd's.
    Hey, when turkey season closed, tweaker season opened, same camo.

3. Likes jjb liked this post
    SET THE HOOK!!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

The hotspot is from Verona to Shanghi and beyond. Their being caught all the way to Oroville.striper.jpg

5. Likes jjb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you what I learned with my one and only striper trip on the Feather. We launched at Boyd's pump last Tuesday afternoon. Decent launch ramp and parking area. A little trashy looking and smells bad from all of the fish carcasses littering the banks. Lots of boats anchored up and some drifting bait. We ran up to Yuba City and saw a lot of boats fishing the mouth of the Yuba River. Most boats pulling off had landed stripers and we landed 3 trolling. Our fish where caught within 2 miles of the ramp and the river all looks about the same so not sure where the hot spots are. Some say you never need to get out of sight of the launch ramp and others run miles.
    Now I know there are other launching facilities and there have been rumors for years about vandalism in the parking areas. My feeling was there are so many people fishing and launching boats right now that it is less likely to be a problem since there are just too many eyes for guys to sneak in and rip you off.
    If the area around Yuba City is what you are interested in there are launches in Yuba City and Marysville. I preferred the area around Boyd's.

7. Likes Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's easy this time of year. Just follow the crowd, there will be plenty of boats to show you the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Feather River Striper

Was wondering if anyone can give me a decent start point on the feather for striper. Ill be using my drift boat with an outboard. Ive never fished the feather for striper. Anyone recommend a launch to start out with. Not asking for honey holes or specific baits. Im most likely gonna drift minnows or troll plugs. Thanks for any info. Tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk