Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Topaz tips please.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinfrank View Post
    Duly noted! 😃

thanks again for the direction
    Yeah it cuts out going through town at 25 mph, more of a direct route south on 395....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Topaz tips please.

Duly noted! 😃

thanks again for the direction

3. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bevis and butthead.. love it. From my youth but cannot stand that show now that is am a bit grown up

5. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Topaz tips please.

Good luck if you have the hip replacement, Ive had both knees done, the PT was a bear, but well worth it. Ive got the chunky chartreuse. When we stay in Hope Valley we go by your place, i
    l make sure to wave. I understand the Monitor Pass is open so thats probably the way we will head.
    Do not wave, ring the bell and announce yourself, I love visitors, others are met with weapons....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

7. Likes fishinfrank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck if you have the hip replacement, Ive had both knees done, the PT was a bear, but well worth it. Ive got the chunky chartreuse. When we stay in Hope Valley we go by your place, i
    l make sure to wave. I understand the Monitor Pass is open so thats probably the way we will head.

9. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh by the way the only place I know of here to get Gulp in Orange Pulp is Sportsman's Warehouse in Carson City. I personally have quite a bit of it because of where we fish during the season. It is the closest to me here in Gardnerville. Shortcutt off of 88 is to take Kimmerling Road from 88 to the right, turn left at the first stop sign you see, turn right just past the 7-11 (cheap gas here), now you are on Langley Drive, two more stop signs and turn left, two more stop signs, turn right and head towards 395 to go south. I live on Langley Drive, at the last bump on Langley Drive look to your right and you will see my house with two flags, stop by and say hello you never know what will happen......Jetspray

11. Likes fishinfrank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Topaz tips please.

Thank you Jetspray, will report back with the results!
    It is kind of my lake to go to, I have a Douglas County Sticker which allows me to launch and fish for the season, it is only $25 for a sticker if you are a Douglas County resident and over 55. I get mine each year (Captain Compassion paid for this one) and we get to fish up the river in mid summer when the lake lice are in bloom. It is great because I have the jetboat and can be in waters that leave me only 4 inches between the jet inlet and the bottom. I can get very far up the river where many of the fish migrate looking for stuff coming down into the lake. Right now it is flowing like a firehose for the most part and I am in the process of having my right hip looked at and maybe replaced. By august it should be a great time......Jetspray

13. Likes fishinfrank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jetspray, will report back with the results!

15. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Topaz tips please.

If you are toppling (with a boat rental) use a rap in a color with a orange bottom (we use one in brookie colors), you can also troll a kastmaster in gold color on the top. The best bait there is in Gulp with colors of Chunky Chartreuse or orange pulp. You can get the chunky chartreuse at Walmart in Gardnerville with the kastmasters or raps. I have used orange lures in plastic in the past or even flashers with worms. Floated worms work good too. If you have to bait fish from shore make sure you use the sliding sinker bait setup, you can access the lake just past the bug station to the south, there are two spots to get down one is a little more south....Jetspray BTW both Nevada and California lic's are recognized for the lake

17. Likes fishinfrank liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Topaz tips please.

Were headed up to Twin Lakes in a couple weeks and since the West Walker looks to still be raging we are looking for a place to stop on the way. Topaz looks like they have boat rentals so we are thinking about giving it a shot. We are lead coring in on the Twins, but have other gear too. Any tips for Topaz or any other recommendations for another spot to stop on the way up from Sac?

Thanks for any direction.

fmc

19. Likes Jetspray liked this post