Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to do after stage 4?

Always at the top of my bucket list is waking up tomorrow.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

2. Likes CDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When mine was out of control. I decided to treat the ones closest to me the best I could and try to make them happy. Not a bucket list just a life style change.
    You can’t fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use!
    Doing the best I can with what's left.

4. Likes Paintguy, Jetspray, CAL.NDN, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bob, good to here your treatment is working. My PSA was 93.7, no that's not a typo. Of course it didn't matter to me because at the time I had no idea what that meant. The VA took care of me in San Francisco until I moved to Nevada and now the Reno VA is keeping mine in check. When they did my Biopsies (multiple) they determined mine was perineural (in the nerves) so I will never be in remission and the Chemo will never end.

There's a lot of things I just can't do anymore but I've been replacing them with things that I can and finding out there's a lot more to life than I thought. I guess I kind of got into a rut with the things that I enjoyed and didn't realize how many other things there were that I found and now enjoy.

6. Likes Paintguy, Jetspray, Waterdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

4 years ago after a general check up i was told that i had prostate cancer and
    my PSA was at 6.At first i was not that scared but dumb founded ,it took awhile to
    sink in and realize how serious this could be.I lost my Dad to prostate cancer plus my older
    brother had his prostate removed,so i figured it runs in the family.
    Out of the 3 treatment options i had i decided on the breaky therapy,they insereted
    98 radiation pellets in the prostate which has done and still doing it,s job.
    My PSA is at 1.
    During this period of my life i did alot of soul searching about life and what i wanted in
    the future.I realized that we have no guarentee how long were going to be
    here.All i wanted was to be happy for what ever years i had left.
    I packed a 15ft uhaul and walked out of a 23 year relationship with a woman that the last 10 years
    were mostly not so great.With boat in tow i moved to Weiser ,Idaho which is a
    small town .
    I said my good bys to all my good friends and sorry to those i may have had a not so
    good friendship with.Since i have been here i'm loving life again ,i do not worry about anything
    i have no control over,i take each day as it comes on it's terms and im at peace with my self.
    I have found a new lady who is good to me and i would give the world for.
    It is very sad that it took something like this to make me realize that life is
    way to short.
    I haven't done any fishing yet cause i have to wait till July 1st to get my $30.00 a year fishing license.
    I'm sorry for such a long post but i guess i just needed to vent.
    As far as what to do after stage 4....Live life easy at your own pace,enjoy and love your family and friends,do what you want to do for you.
    You have earned it.
    PS Is crabby or don on the boards yet and can anyone tell me how he is doing?
    Even thou im in Idaho i still check out the sniffer to see what all is
    happening and to say hi.
    All my fellow sniffers take care.
    Bob

8. Likes bigfin, Waterdog, Paintguy, Jetspray, zipperman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Taiki View Post
    What should be on my bucket list?
    Nothing... I was stage 5 prostate cancer (perineural). When I was told I was devastated and I started my bucket list. My first item was to pass a cop doing 80 mph on the highway. I got my chance on the way home and the cop didn't even wince, no lights, no sirens, nothing, nada, zip. It was at that moment that I realized that the things that you think are important enough to be on your bucket list usually aren't. The most important thing is life itself and that's what you need to concentrate on.

Don't look for sympathy from others, you'll never get what you expect. Instead, look for the strength that those closest to you provide and honor it.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: What to do after stage 4?

Make sure you continue with the meds correctly, if you have kids hug them a lot, and OH BTW go fishing with friends...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

11. Likes CDK, burninfuel, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

29lb Steelhead
    66 lb Salmon
    Have a sniffer fest at Social Security Bar

13. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink What to do after stage 4?