Post Thanks / Like

Re: IPad/Tablet Mount

I'm running a 9" on the stern and it's big enough for my use while trolling.

Not sure where you fish, but I've fished in the bay and the stern unit catches spray from the boat, so I don't think the ipad will hold up well unless you have it in a waterproof box. Also the older ipad may not have a fast enough processor and you may get a delay from your helm unit.

Yes my setup is identical to Cal's, he went with HDS though.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
    I run another graph in the back. I'm running three elite ti2, two at the helm and one at the stern. One for GPS and one for graphing at the helm and the third at the stern for graphing. The Ti2 has built in wifi so it can get the data from the helm unit without any ethernet or NMEA cables. But I did run a NMEA cable to all three units so that if I mark a waypoint on one it will tag all three units. The NMEA cable however will not allow graphing on all three. You need a ethernet cable to tie the units together. Which the Ti2 doesn't have. So if your running more than two units, I'd get the HDS which has ethernet ability.

A tablet mount for the stern I would use a RAM mount. They are pretty secure and heavy duty. I'd be afraid of a tablet getting wet though.
    Thank you for the feedback. Im guessing your setup is similar to what Cal has on his new Boulton?

Im wanting to put a 16 HDS Live at the helm, then run a tablet at the stern off of the WiFi. Also was thinking it might quite a bit less expensive than running another HDS unit back there as I have a couple of older iPads. In the end, I may just end up mounting 12s at both ends.

Post Thanks / Like

I run another graph in the back. I'm running three elite ti2, two at the helm and one at the stern. One for GPS and one for graphing at the helm and the third at the stern for graphing. The Ti2 has built in wifi so it can get the data from the helm unit without any ethernet or NMEA cables. But I did run a NMEA cable to all three units so that if I mark a waypoint on one it will tag all three units. The NMEA cable however will not allow graphing on all three. You need a ethernet cable to tie the units together. Which the Ti2 doesn't have. So if your running more than two units, I'd get the HDS which has ethernet ability.

A tablet mount for the stern I would use a RAM mount. They are pretty secure and heavy duty. I'd be afraid of a tablet getting wet though.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Post Thanks / Like

IPad/Tablet Mount

Anybody running a tablet at the stern of their boat, and what kind of mount are you using?

Debating between a second graph or tablet setup.

5. Likes Polebrother liked this post