Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bullards Bar 5-8-19

I fished Bullards on the 6 and 7th. We caught quite a few kokes along with 1 bass and 1 trout. all fish on the wire 25' to 35' depending on time of day. spinners and hoochies. Pink and orange were the hot colors. tons of Mark's on the finder and lots of lost fish.
    Last edited by ripinlips09; 05-15-2019 at 11:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

We were at Bullards on 5-9. Fishing was slow in the morning on calm water, but when the wind came up a bit later the fish went nuts and it was hard to keep all the lines in the water. We quit at 2 pm with 14 fish. The biggest ones were only 12", and some were tiny. All fish came on pink hootchies/corn at 1.5 mph at 20' and 40'. There was no action on surface lines.

3. Likes Stickman, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Could be big spotted bass, or carp. Bullards has a lot of them, and they do hang in big groups.

Sorry the fishing was tough, but it is a beautiful lake. Early season fish should be fairly shallow and spread out. There are time when a little piece of worm works better than corn when things are still cold. No idea why, but it's been something that's worked in the past. Speed also seems to be a thing with earlier fish wanting it slower. Doesn't mean anything would change, but stuff to try on a slow day.

Glad you enjoyed the day.

Thanks for the report.

5. Likes Stickman, Paintguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would guess they're monster spots (much better koke fishers than most of us!).

Post Thanks / Like

Bullards Bar 5-8-19

Decided to post this even though we didn't accomplish our intended goal. I'm not an expert Kokanee catcher although I've had reasonable success in past times here. Water temperature (surface) was 54* and the weather was sunny. Beautiful day on a spectacular lake. Launched at Dark Day around 7 a.m. along with quite a few other hopeful anglers. We had trouble locating the fish the first couple of hours and when we did manage to mark a school here and there we couldn't get them to grab what we were offering. Most all were marked in the top 25' and some big marks (don't know what they were) down near 40' to 50'. Tried some speedys down deep to no avail. We were really looking forward to bringing home a fair number of fish but only managed one Koke big enough for two and it was delicious. So for whatever it may be worth, that's the report. Even though I only had one nice fish to clean it is a great lake to be on. Anyone have any guesses on what those big marks might be?

8. Likes Katch, Stickman, big_trout24 liked this post